Questions about Joe Horns Fumble Touchback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Questions about Joe Horns Fumble Touchback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby allmotorjunkie » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:37 pm

according to Yahoo....Horn only got charged for a fumble and not both. In my league...you lose 1 pt for fumbling and you lose an additional 2 pts if the other team recovers.

SO yahoo only gave Horn a fumble and not both.
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:37 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:It's a fumble lost. Sorry.

Care to explain how a fumble out of bounds is suddenly a fumble lost Pete?

It wasn't a fumble out of bounds. It was a fumble thru the endzone. By definition the ball is awarded to the other team. ie change of possession. ie fumble lost. :~(
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:38 pm

Pete123444 wrote:It wasn't a fumble out of bounds. It was a fumble thru the endzone. By definition the ball is awarded to the other team. ie change of possession. ie fumble lost. :~(

Not according to NFL.com so far at least - guess we need to wait for the official ruling...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: Questions about Joe Horns Fumble Touchback

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:46 pm

Atog wrote:
suikodan wrote:Does that count as a fumble lost?

Cause im ahead by 1.95 points and if it is I freakin lose by .05 damn it

That would surely go down in the annals of fantasy history.
Tip: If you're ahead by a small margian and your opponet has no players on MNF, bench whoever you have that is YTP. Negative points are rare, but they happen.

I'm sure Horn didn't get negative points for him considering he had a TD and over 140 yards receiving. It just so happened he got enough points to take the lead in his matchup, and Horn lost a fumble creating a loss. Same thing happened to me tonight when Dallas gave up the first TD...I was up by a little over a point after all the points they had accumulated and ended up losing by 8 because I lost all their points allowed points. :,-(

On a side note (and I am sure to create a discussion), but I don't personally like the "bench players on MNF 'strategy'." You wouldn't normally bench them if they played on Sunday...you should play all your players as normal even if you know you are going to win. Yes, it's an "advantage" of having players on Monday night, and there's nothing in the rules saying you can't...and I know that you already have the win "in the bag," but I just don't believe you would bench that player if he was playing on any other night, so you should play him as normal and live with the consequences...I would.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gon_Trevil » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:38 am

If you are up by 1 heading into Monday night, and have a guy left to play, by all means let him do it. Here's why: You are up by 1 with UNOFFICIAL scores. Once they correct all the scoring, you might very well end up losing, and suddenly that move to bench the guy on Monday doesn't look so hot anymore.
Gon_Trevil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:10 am

Gon_Trevil wrote:If you are up by 1 heading into Monday night, and have a guy left to play, by all means let him do it. Here's why: You are up by 1 with UNOFFICIAL scores. Once they correct all the scoring, you might very well end up losing, and suddenly that move to bench the guy on Monday doesn't look so hot anymore.

Very good point.

I've never pulled a guy when I had a game in the bag. I feel it's kinda like the 4th and 1 inch; You have to go for it and if you can't get an inch, well you deserve to lose anyway.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:08 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Atog wrote:

Tip: If you're ahead by a small margian and your opponet has no players on MNF, bench whoever you have that is YTP. Negative points are rare, but they happen.

I'm sure Horn didn't get negative points for him considering he had a TD and over 140 yards receiving. It just so happened he got enough points to take the lead in his matchup, and Horn lost a fumble creating a loss. Same thing happened to me tonight when Dallas gave up the first TD...I was up by a little over a point after all the points they had accumulated and ended up losing by 8 because I lost all their points allowed points. :,-(

On a side note (and I am sure to create a discussion), but I don't personally like the "bench players on MNF 'strategy'." You wouldn't normally bench them if they played on Sunday...you should play all your players as normal even if you know you are going to win. Yes, it's an "advantage" of having players on Monday night, and there's nothing in the rules saying you can't...and I know that you already have the win "in the bag," but I just don't believe you would bench that player if he was playing on any other night, so you should play him as normal and live with the consequences...I would.

agreed 100% Mercer...It's just bad form IMO.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Blueberries » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:42 am

Plus, total points are often used as tie breakers at the end of the season
Blueberries
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:04 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Atog wrote:

agreed 100% Mercer...It's just bad form IMO.

I wouldn't say it's bad form - you do what you need to do lineup-wise to secure the victory, even if it means winning by a smaller margin, but winning nonetheless.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dalej » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 am

This doesn't apply here. If he didn't play Horn, he would have lost because Horn had a good night.
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk