Question on Yahoo! StatTracker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question on Yahoo! StatTracker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question on Yahoo! StatTracker

Postby Gon_Trevil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:50 pm

My question is very simple:

When you purchase StatTracker, do you get live stats on all of your Fantasy Football teams? Or do you have to purchase it separately for each and every team?
Gon_Trevil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:53 pm

I think it's for all teams on that Yahoo! name. That's one of the good advantages of buying it. Don't quote me on that, though...
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby seven5 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:35 pm

all teams in all leagues under your yahoo name
seven5 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:39 pm

It adds stat tracker to all league under that Yahoo profile... You only have to purchase it seperately if you have leagues under multiple profiles....

The whole thing is a waste of money, though, as NFL.com has all the live stats available for free.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby octagon999 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:43 pm

Wow, I hate to disagree with Plindsey, but as someone who has used NFL.com previously and purchased stat-tracker this year, I definitely think it was worth it.

If you have a pretty easy scoring system, then NFL.com probably works for you. But for me, having IDPs and several various scoring bits thrown in there, its just a lot easier to have Yahoo track it and update it automatically.

Besides, I have noticed discrepancies all the time between NFL's stats and Yahoo. At least last year I did. This year, I'm just going by Yahoo, since that is what my scores are based on anyways.

As far as multiple teams go, you will log into Yahoo, and after you launch Stat-Tracker, there is a drop-down box and you just pick the league you want to check out. It also tracks the other matchups for you in real-time as well.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:05 pm

AOL leagues also offer free live scoring.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

In praise of StatTracker

Postby lifeform » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:35 pm

Sure, you can get live stats a bunch of places, but StatTracker gives you a live tally of your team's performance v. your opponent.

It's a great way to keep track of the game, and at $9.99, it's less than a dollar a week.

To me, it's a no-brainer. If you're in a Yahoo league, drop the ten bucks. You won't be sorry.

And yes, I can confirm that if you're in more than one Yahoo league, buying StatTracker once covers all of your leagues.
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: In praise of StatTracker

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:41 pm

lifeform wrote:Sure, you can get live stats a bunch of places, but StatTracker gives you a live tally of your team's performance v. your opponent.

It's a great way to keep track of the game, and at $9.99, it's less than a dollar a week.

To me, it's a no-brainer. If you're in a Yahoo league, drop the ten bucks. You won't be sorry.

And yes, I can confirm that if you're in more than one Yahoo league, buying StatTracker once covers all of your leagues.

I run leagues under 3 Yahoo screen names.... I'm sorry, but spending the $30 is not worth it to me, when it takes all of 30 seconds to calculate the scores of my players the old fashioned way....

If you need a computer to tell you that 78 yards and a TD equals 13.8 points, then I guess Stat Tracker might be worth it....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk