BEST Defenses - Week 3 - Formula Results..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST Defenses - Week 3 - Formula Results.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby POPCORN1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:41 am

So if it was YOU plindsey you'd roll the dice on TEN ?

quote="Plindsey88"]
POPCORN1 wrote:OK kids, I've got my tit in a ringer this week with my defense choices. I'll be dropping the Lions from last week and this is what's available.... HELLLLLLLPPPPP !!!!
Any chance theres a sleeper in this pile of crap ???

TEN vs STL

STL vs TEN

KC vs DEN

Seattle vs ARI

MIN vs NO

DEN vs KC

Seattle v. Arizona seems like the obvious play, but I'm a little wary of what might happen if Shipp establishes a running game....

The sneaky pick would be TEN v. St. Louis... St. Louis has given up the 2nd most sacks in the league (11).... Bulger has ZERO pass protection.... If San Fran can do what they did to him, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Tennessee might be able to do something similar.... Look for Tennessee to give up 24+ points, but they could also have 6 sacks... QB pressure leads to turnovers.... Now, I'm not saying Tennessee is the stud play of the week, here, but they could do surprisingly well against one of the worst pass protecting lines in football....[/quote]
Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby devius » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:45 am

i just dropped cincy D for carolina vs miami. was i being an idiot in doing so? something i noticed is that cincy's D-line hasnt really been tested. i think it might be the only weak point. and with the kind of DEF chicago has*possibly the best of the year* it'll keep them in it so they can establish a running game. so im thinking it might be a low scoring affair with very lil room for turnovers. am i wrong in thinking carolina was the safer pick? i mean look what they did with the running game against NE and kept brady pretty frustrated. i think they will do the same with frerotte, except with maybe 2-3 picks. thoughts?
QB Carson Palmer*, Jake Plummer
RB Deuce McAllister*, Corey Dillion*, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker*, Michael Bennett
WR Torry Holt*, Michael Clayton*, Chris Chambers, Eddie Kennison, Charles Rogers*,
TE Tony Gonzalez*
K Ryan Longwell*
DEF MatchUps
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:51 am

devius wrote:i just dropped cincy D for carolina vs miami. was i being an idiot in doing so? something i noticed is that cincy's D-line hasnt really been tested. i think it might be the only weak point. and with the kind of DEF chicago has*possibly the best of the year* it'll keep them in it so they can establish a running game. so im thinking it might be a low scoring affair with very lil room for turnovers. am i wrong in thinking carolina was the safer pick? i mean look what they did with the running game against NE and kept brady pretty frustrated. i think they will do the same with frerotte, except with maybe 2-3 picks. thoughts?

I think Carolina is a decent play, but the reason I like Cincy is the fact that I think they can put up points against Chicago.... That offense is as explosive as it gets in the NFL.... If Chicago gets down by 10 points or more, they will have to put the game in Orton's hands, and back off the Thomas Jones one-man-show... I'm not sure I like the rookie's chances of being turnover-free in a shootout....

I also think Cincy's D might be for real.... Keep in mind that Marvin Lewis is a defensive guru....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:54 am

POPCORN1 wrote:So if it was YOU plindsey you'd roll the dice on TEN ?

Depends on the rest of the squad.... If I NEEDED a decent day out of my D to have a shot at winning, I might play Seattle.... If I felt pretty comfortable with the rest of the match-up, and could afford to gamble, I might play Tennessee....

Tennessee is boom or bust..... They could give up 35 points, and record 2 sacks with no turnovers, or they could give Bulger fits, and get to him 6 times, force a fumble, and run it in for a TD....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:04 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
POPCORN1 wrote:OK kids, I've got my tit in a ringer this week with my defense choices. I'll be dropping the Lions from last week and this is what's available.... HELLLLLLLPPPPP !!!!
Any chance theres a sleeper in this pile of crap ???

TEN vs STL

STL vs TEN

KC vs DEN

Seattle vs ARI

MIN vs NO

DEN vs KC

Seattle v. Arizona seems like the obvious play, but I'm a little wary of what might happen if Shipp establishes a running game....

The sneaky pick would be TEN v. St. Louis... St. Louis has given up the 2nd most sacks in the league (11).... Bulger has ZERO pass protection.... If San Fran can do what they did to him, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Tennessee might be able to do something similar.... Look for Tennessee to give up 24+ points, but they could also have 6 sacks... QB pressure leads to turnovers.... Now, I'm not saying Tennessee is the stud play of the week, here, but they could do surprisingly well against one of the worst pass protecting lines in football....

Tennessee defense scored a TD, blocked a kick, and recorded a safety last week. They're not a good NFL defense, but they can be a productive fantasy defense. Unless St. Louis jumps out to an early 2 or 3 score lead, I think Tennessee is your choice out of these matchups. Only reason to avoid them is if you league heavily weighs points scored/yards allowed.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby POPCORN1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:11 pm

I like my matchup this week BUT I am 0-2 so far this year.
Here's my team: 12 team NFL.com league.

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points
DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points
Int - Interceptions 2 points
PA - Points Against, Total Points Scored 0 - 6 PA = 8 points
7 - 13 PA = 6 points
14 - 20 PA = 4 points
21 - 27 PA = 2 points

SACK - Sack 1 point
STY - Safety 2 points
YDS - Yards Allowed 0 - 49 YDSs = 12 points
50 - 99 YDSs = 10 points
100 - 149 YDSs = 8 points
150 - 199 YDSs = 6 points
200 - 249 YDSs = 4 points
250 - 299 YDSs = 2 points

MY TEAM:

QB: griese, delhomme
RB: LT, edge, K Jones, W Parker
WR: Burleson, M Harrison, H Ward, housh
K: J Brown
TE: Wiggins

Plindsey88 wrote:
POPCORN1 wrote:So if it was YOU plindsey you'd roll the dice on TEN ?

Depends on the rest of the squad.... If I NEEDED a decent day out of my D to have a shot at winning, I might play Seattle.... If I felt pretty comfortable with the rest of the match-up, and could afford to gamble, I might play Tennessee....

Tennessee is boom or bust..... They could give up 35 points, and record 2 sacks with no turnovers, or they could give Bulger fits, and get to him 6 times, force a fumble, and run it in for a TD....
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:43 pm

POPCORN1 wrote:MY TEAM:

The first thing I would do is trade Willie Parker while he's hot for a better WR than Burleson..... You don't need Willie with those other backs you have....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby POPCORN1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:10 pm

I've been thinking about dealing Parker. What caliber WR do you think he would fetch ? CJ, Holt, Wayne, Horn, D Jax ???

Plindsey88 wrote:

The first thing I would do is trade Willie Parker while he's hot for a better WR than Burleson..... You don't need Willie with those other backs you have....
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:44 pm

POPCORN1 wrote:I've been thinking about dealing Parker. What caliber WR do you think he would fetch ? CJ, Holt, Wayne, Horn, D Jax ???

Plindsey88 wrote:

CJ might be a stretch unless the owner who has him is in real need of a RB....

Holt is possible if the other guy has decent WR depth....

Wayne is almost a sure thing, but I think you might want to hold off on that one, as starting Harrison and Wayne might be a little questionable if Peyton comes back to Earth, which it looks like he may....

Horn would probably be doable.... Or SHOULD be doable....

D-Jax almost certainly is doable, but I might prefer Steve Smith or Larry Fitz.... If you go that route, look to get an upgrade at QB, as well....

I'd start by looking at the team(s) in my league who are in the most trouble at RB.... Try looking at the Jamal Lewis or Kevin Jones owner... They're both struggling, and the owners might feel desperate.... Anyways, the owners with the worst RB situation are likely to give you the best deal....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby rocskins26 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks for the list, These are really helpful!!!!
Go 'skins!!!
rocskins26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk