BEST Defenses - Week 3 - Formula Results..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST Defenses - Week 3 - Formula Results.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:10 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
POPCORN1 wrote:MY TEAM:

QB: griese, delhomme
RB: LT, edge, K Jones, W Parker
WR: Burleson, M Harrison, H Ward, housh
K: J Brown
TE: Wiggins

The first thing I would do is trade Willie Parker while he's hot for a better WR than Burleson..... You don't need Willie with those other backs you have....

I'd deal Edge myself - you have a much better chance of getting CJ or even TO or Moss with Edge on the block - and FWP is not that much of a downgrade (if at all) from Edge at this point...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:17 am

lmcjaho wrote: - and FWP is not that much of a downgrade (if at all) from Edge at this point...

I'm not sure that is a determination we can make considering A) Pittsburgh has not faced a real defense, yet... And B) we don't know how things will pan out in Pittsburgh once Staley and Bettis are fully healthy.... It's entirely possible that Staley could see 10 carries a game and Bettis could get ALL the goal line work... In that circumstance, I'm not sure that Parker is any better a play than Warrick Dunn, and I think most people would agree that Dunn is a pretty serious downgrade from Edge....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:33 am

It's probably been stated already, but I just can't accept that the Pats are the absolute worst defense to start this week, their opponent notwithstanding.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:34 am

And yet I understand that a statisctical analysis doesn't leave room for this sort of gut reaction. But what about last season's stats? Shouldn't they figure into this equation? I'm sure they do, but to what extent?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:42 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
devius wrote:i just dropped cincy D for carolina vs miami. was i being an idiot in doing so? something i noticed is that cincy's D-line hasnt really been tested. i think it might be the only weak point. and with the kind of DEF chicago has*possibly the best of the year* it'll keep them in it so they can establish a running game. so im thinking it might be a low scoring affair with very lil room for turnovers. am i wrong in thinking carolina was the safer pick? i mean look what they did with the running game against NE and kept brady pretty frustrated. i think they will do the same with frerotte, except with maybe 2-3 picks. thoughts?

I think Carolina is a decent play, but the reason I like Cincy is the fact that I think they can put up points against Chicago.... That offense is as explosive as it gets in the NFL.... If Chicago gets down by 10 points or more, they will have to put the game in Orton's hands, and back off the Thomas Jones one-man-show... I'm not sure I like the rookie's chances of being turnover-free in a shootout....

I also think Cincy's D might be for real.... Keep in mind that Marvin Lewis is a defensive guru....

I have a hard time seeing Cincy light up Chicago's defense. Chicago has one of the best, if not the best, secondary in the NFL at this point IMO. They have decent players up front and playmakers all over the field that can create turnovers. Carson Palmer is still throwing an interception every game, and I think Chicago is a team that can make him pay for it.

Keep in mind, it's only week 3 of the season, and IMO the Cincy games against Cleveland :-t and Minnesota :-P say more about those teams than Cincinnati... A big game against Chicago will make me a believer, but I think we'll see in this contest that Palmer is not as good as his first 2 games make him appear to be. Sure, I see Cincy winning this game, but it's more on the back of Rudi Johnson than it is on Carson Palmer's arm.

Barring another 70+ yard TD, 2 plays into the game, I think Palmer is gonna have a long day.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:50 am

Plindsey can you help?!

Here's my dilemma:

French bread slices with mayo, dijon honey mustard, horseradish.
Lettuce, red onion, tomato.
Pepperoni, ham, genoa salami.

what kind of cheese should I use??

:-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:01 pm

awwchrist wrote:Plindsey can you help?!

Here's my dilemma:

Whatchu got there is one helluvan Italian sub (despite the fact that you're using French Bread).... In my experience, the best play given all of the ingredients at hand is 4 slices of provolone on a 6 inch, or 8 slices for a footlong.... Another good play might be some fresh mozzarella.... Match-ups I would avoid would be Feta, Blue Cheese, Gouda, and Brie....

Good luck....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby POPCORN1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:00 pm

Always play your studs, Stick with the Provolone !!!

Plindsey88 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Plindsey can you help?!

Here's my dilemma:

Whatchu got there is one helluvan Italian sub (despite the fact that you're using French Bread).... In my experience, the best play given all of the ingredients at hand is 4 slices of provolone on a 6 inch, or 8 slices for a footlong.... Another good play might be some fresh mozzarella.... Match-ups I would avoid would be Feta, Blue Cheese, Gouda, and Brie....

Good luck....
Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby POPCORN1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:04 pm

I picked up TEN yesterday and now someone dropped the Bengals D/st this morning. Do I pick up CIN or stick with TEN ?
Or is it a crapshoot either way ?

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
POPCORN1 wrote:OK kids, I've got my tit in a ringer this week with my defense choices. I'll be dropping the Lions from last week and this is what's available.... HELLLLLLLPPPPP !!!!
Any chance theres a sleeper in this pile of crap ???

TEN vs STL

STL vs TEN

KC vs DEN

Seattle vs ARI

MIN vs NO

DEN vs KC

Seattle v. Arizona seems like the obvious play, but I'm a little wary of what might happen if Shipp establishes a running game....

The sneaky pick would be TEN v. St. Louis... St. Louis has given up the 2nd most sacks in the league (11).... Bulger has ZERO pass protection.... If San Fran can do what they did to him, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Tennessee might be able to do something similar.... Look for Tennessee to give up 24+ points, but they could also have 6 sacks... QB pressure leads to turnovers.... Now, I'm not saying Tennessee is the stud play of the week, here, but they could do surprisingly well against one of the worst pass protecting lines in football....

Tennessee defense scored a TD, blocked a kick, and recorded a safety last week. They're not a good NFL defense, but they can be a productive fantasy defense. Unless St. Louis jumps out to an early 2 or 3 score lead, I think Tennessee is your choice out of these matchups. Only reason to avoid them is if you league heavily weighs points scored/yards allowed.
Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:20 pm

POPCORN1 wrote:I picked up TEN yesterday and now someone dropped the Bengals D/st this morning. Do I pick up CIN or stick with TEN ?
Or is it a crapshoot either way ?

Risky play, either way, but I would play Cincy... Orton will have to air it out in order to keep up if Cincy gets rolling (which I think they will)....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk