Random Thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Random Thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Random Thoughts

Postby kozz » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:02 am

After two weeks:

Its nice to see Kerry Collins have some consistency. 28 and 18 points respectively isn't too bad. Not thrilled about the 10 point drop off, but it could have been worse. The loss of Curry scares me, but hopefully this opens up more passes to the TE, which Collins didn't attempt once on Sunday.

I thought Rudi Johnson would have hit the century mark easy. The advent of Perry has me worried slightly (9 carries for 47 yards). How many carries will he steal from RJ. Didn't watch the game, so not sure if Lewis pulled RJ as a precaution.

As for my other RBs (D.Davis, A. Green, and S.Davis), I have to say is S.Davis for real? Is Carolina going to continue using the vet as their primary back. It was nice to see Dominick provide some offense for the punchless Texans and against a tough Pitt D at that. 8 sacks for Carr. Taking a poll on which QB will have a mild concussion first, Carr or Warner. I digress...another 100 yard canidate I thought was a lock: A.Green. Getting behind is bad, but getting behind to the Browns is worse. Dilfer did look sharp, and GBs O-line didn't. Can I expect anything more the rest of the season from Green. He's just not getting the chances. Given, he had 16 attempts, but lost 8 to ND. The receptions were nice, but at this point, I don't have the confidence in starting him over S. Davis. Time will tell, but since Houston has a bye, I'm hoping to ride the other Davis' hot streak.

I played Keyshawn this week over Roy Williams thinking the Monday night spotlight would be money. Wrong! This marks the last time I sit Roy for KJ. Horn came through and believe he will continue to motivate and produce all season. I also sat Michael Clayton this week thinking he would get locked up in Buffalo's secondary. Another bad decision. Lucky for me I had Coles to bail me out with a 68 yard 1 TD performance. I just hope the speculation (mike and mike) about Chad's arm is wrong, and if he indeed is not 100%, I'm hoping for even more from Coles.

I started Gates over McMichael this week. If only Gates could have had a TD to top off that 80 yard performance it would have justified sitting Randy. Still, I can't imagine one person sitting Gates for McMichael.

At the kicker position, I get 0 from K. Brown and not much more from my main K Vanderjagt. 4 points is 4 points, but will he not get the chances like every fantasy magazine I've read claims. He's my best option at this point.

Finally, both my D's, which put up respectable numbers last week, gave me little this weekend. I'm feeling JAX this week at the Jets versuses Ari at Seattle.

All in all, not a bad week. Topped the 100 point mark for the second time in two chances. However, since I was playing a team that had McNabb, Owens, Ward, Cadillac, E.James, and Cinny; my week was over before it started. Hard watching the ticker when every 20 minutes I see McNabb's TD count go up one. In any case, wouldn't have it any other way. Just some random thoughts...

Kozz
kozz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:15 am

kozz wrote:I thought Rudi Johnson would have hit the century mark easy. The advent of Perry has me worried slightly (9 carries for 47 yards). How many carries will he steal from RJ. Didn't watch the game, so not sure if Lewis pulled RJ as a precaution.

OK, let me start by saying that this probably belongs in the "Cheering and Venting" forum, but lemme go ahead and address this concern here....

Chris Perry is getting worked into the offense more and more as a change of pace back.... He's the lightning to match Rudi's thunder... However, in the game this past week, he saw more action than he likely would have in a closer game.... By the 4th quarter the game was a blowout.... So Chris Perry got several more carries than he normally would have....

HOWEVER, Perry did have a 90 yard TD reception called back due to penalty... Had that play stood, he would have been the vastly more productive back last week, and it's a pretty safe bet that the coaching staff realizes that.... I don't think we'll ever be looking at a 50-50 split.... Not when they just signed Rudi to a $25-million contract extension in the offseason, but we could be looking at a situation like what we see in Green Bay, where Najeh Davenport picks up his 8-10 carries per game....

What really pisses me off, is that I drafted Rudi in a league that awards 1/2 a point per carry.... I didn't figure on Perry ever seeing too many balls, and I figured Rudi would be good for 30 a game pretty easily.... Now-a-days, though, with Perry and the Bengals new-look offense, it's likely that Rudi will be limited to somewhere in the 20-25 carries per game range....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kozz » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:32 am

OK, let me start by saying that this probably belongs in the "Cheering and Venting" forum

Noted
Now-a-days, though, with Perry and the Bengals new-look offense, it's likely that Rudi will be limited to somewhere in the 20-25 carries per game range....

I'm fine with this, along with other RJ owners I'm sure, as long as his yards per carry remains around 5. And at $25 million, I don't have to worry about him losing a starting job. However, might not be a bad idea to handcuff Perry in case of injury...missed the 90 yard TD call back...

At this point, I'm more concerned with Green. Given, I didn't draft him until the third round, but he's only one year removed from a stellar season. I'm left banking on D. Davis with injections of S. Davis now and then to accompany RJ (not to shabby)...
kozz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:55 am

kozz wrote:
OK, let me start by saying that this probably belongs in the "Cheering and Venting" forum

Noted
Now-a-days, though, with Perry and the Bengals new-look offense, it's likely that Rudi will be limited to somewhere in the 20-25 carries per game range....

I'm fine with this, along with other RJ owners I'm sure, as long as his yards per carry remains around 5. And at $25 million, I don't have to worry about him losing a starting job. However, might not be a bad idea to handcuff Perry in case of injury...missed the 90 yard TD call back...

At this point, I'm more concerned with Green. Given, I didn't draft him until the third round, but he's only one year removed from a stellar season. I'm left banking on D. Davis with injections of S. Davis now and then to accompany RJ (not to shabby)...

Dom will rebound.... I have no doubt about that....

Regarding Ahman, I tend to think that his best years are behind him.... The line in GB is garbage now-a-days, and I don't see Ahman doing much.... His 2200 yard / 20 TD season in 2003 was the exception to the rule, not the rule.... Yes, he had a handful of good yardage seasons around the turn of the century, but he's always been lacking in the TD department.... All except for that one year.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk