Return to Football Talk

Lessons learned

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:20 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Jamal Lewis?
Dillon?
McGahee?

I've seen a lot of gripes from those owners. And I'm sure they'd disagree with you.

Jamal Lewis I understand, but Dillon and McGahee have each had 1 good fantasy game and 1 bad one. Anyone very upset already is overreacting.

Corey Dillon is averaging 12 points per game, not great, but still serviceable numbers. McGahee had a 100+ yard game and one game he bombed in. I fail to see how they compare to Jamal Lewis, who hasn't hit 100 total yards yet.

they don't. Lewis is in a bomb tier of his own.

As a McGahee owner, I can tell you that the buffalo offense is not sitting easy with me. I thought Losman would be more proficient. Every skill position player is suffering. Sure he got a 100 yard game. whoopdiefreakindo. If they can't get the ball TO the endzone, then McGahee is this year's Portis. Great, 1300 yards, but 5 TDs.

That sir is a first round bust.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lessons learned

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:22 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:McNabb > Kerry Collins..... Period... End of story...

Like you're going to get argument from me on that statement ;-)

Somehow I doubted it.... LOL....

Yes, Randy might be good for 1600 and 16 TD's this year.... And those are killer numbers, but T.O. has record breaking potential with the way the cards have been dealt in Philly.... He's got a proven stud at QB, who looks his way first on each and every play.... That offense flows through Owens....

Collins is an decent for his age, at best.... And there are LOTS of other weapons in Oakland for him to work with.... So, while I think Randy will have another pro-bowl caliber year this year, I think Owens has a legitimate shot at some of Jerry Rice's numbers if he can stay healthy.... 1900 and 20 TD's is not out of his reach....

Are they both studs? Sure....

Is Owens in a better situation than Moss? Definitely....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 204BC » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:42 pm

In all three of those leagues, it seems to me like your success is driven more by your non-RB's than by your RB's....

Actually, the RB that has been kicking ass for me is Willie Parker. I grabbed him off of waivers in all three leagues and he is in the W/R slot on each team. One of the big keys to success in FF is making waiver moves. The fewest I've made thus far for any of my teams is 10.[/quote]
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:48 pm

204BC wrote:
In all three of those leagues, it seems to me like your success is driven more by your non-RB's than by your RB's....

Actually, the RB that has been kicking ass for me is Willie Parker. I grabbed him off of waivers in all three leagues and he is in the W/R slot on each team. One of the big keys to success in FF is making waiver moves. The fewest I've made thus far for any of my teams is 10.

LOL.... Thanks for that little tidbit.... I'll try to keep that in mind.... And here I was wondering why all my teams always suck.... It must be because I don't do that waving-wire thingy you are talking about....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Lessons learned

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:55 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:McNabb > Kerry Collins..... Period... End of story...

Like you're going to get argument from me on that statement ;-)

Somehow I doubted it.... LOL....

Yes, Randy might be good for 1600 and 16 TD's this year.... And those are killer numbers, but T.O. has record breaking potential with the way the cards have been dealt in Philly.... He's got a proven stud at QB, who looks his way first on each and every play.... That offense flows through Owens....

Collins is an decent for his age, at best.... And there are LOTS of other weapons in Oakland for him to work with.... So, while I think Randy will have another pro-bowl caliber year this year, I think Owens has a legitimate shot at some of Jerry Rice's numbers if he can stay healthy.... 1900 and 20 TD's is not out of his reach....

Are they both studs? Sure....

Is Owens in a better situation than Moss? Definitely....

I disagree. I still think Moss is in a better situation. It took a soft matchup for TO to catch up to Moss this past week, but the principal reason I prefer Moss is because OAK is going to be in too many shootouts compared to PHI and that usually plays to the star WRs benefit. Age and injury history also play a role in my ranking Moss ahead of TO.

I think its going to be very close, but Id rather have Moss at this point. Either player could reach 20 TDs this yr, and both should have been considered 1st rd picks. I had Moss as my #5 overall player heading into this season, but I missed out on TO more often than not.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:59 pm

204BC wrote:League #1

1st Rd – Edge
2nd Rd – R. Johnson
3rd Rd – C. Johnson
4th Rd – T. Brady

2-0
1st in points

League #2

1st Rd – P. Holmes
2nd Rd – T. Barber
3rd Rd – D. McNabb
4th Rd – H. Ward

2-0
1st in points

League #3
1st Rd – Edge
2nd Rd – C. Portis
3rd Rd – T. Holt
4th Rd – T. Green

1-1
3rd in points

Seems to work for me.

If you can get a stud WR or stud QB in the 3rd round, I see no problems at all drafting RB/RB
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:04 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Edge - nothing special so far....

Rudi - nothing special so far....

Portis - nothing close to special so far....

Tiki - Mediocre week 1.... Good week 2....

Priest - decent week 1.... Mediocre week 2....

Plindsey, I think you're vastly undervaluing some performances, either that or playing in the TD 20 yards = 1 point format.

Edge - as many said is a high yardage RB, but won't score too many TDs. Well, so far, he's averaging 140 yards per game, and he's played two of his toughest matchups Baltimore and Jacksonville. He's on pace for 2248 total yards. That's pretty solid for a 1st round pick in my book.

Tiki - He's only 3rd overall in RBs right now. Week 1 he turned in 122 total yards and 1 TD. That's not a mediocre performance by any means.

Rudi - Averaging over 110 yards per game, on pace for 1848 total yards, with an improved ypc so far. He's currently 11th amongst RBs, right around where he would've been drafted in the 1st round. He's not been incredible, but he's been over-acheiving so far.

Priest - Now he is underperforming, but he's underperforming at an a projection of 1440 yards and 16 TDs, which is still 1st round quality for a RB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:07 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Edge - nothing special so far....

Rudi - nothing special so far....

Portis - nothing close to special so far....

Tiki - Mediocre week 1.... Good week 2....

Priest - decent week 1.... Mediocre week 2....

Plindsey, I think you're vastly undervaluing some performances, either that or playing in the TD 20 yards = 1 point format.

Edge - as many said is a high yardage RB, but won't score too many TDs. Well, so far, he's averaging 140 yards per game, and he's played two of his toughest matchups Baltimore and Jacksonville. He's on pace for 2248 total yards. That's pretty solid for a 1st round pick in my book.

Tiki - He's only 3rd overall in RBs right now. Week 1 he turned in 122 total yards and 1 TD. That's not a mediocre performance by any means.

Rudi - Averaging over 110 yards per game, on pace for 1848 total yards, with an improved ypc so far. He's currently 11th amongst RBs, right around where he would've been drafted in the 1st round. He's not been incredible, but he's been over-acheiving so far.

Priest - Now he is underperforming, but he's underperforming at an a projection of 1440 yards and 16 TDs, which is still 1st round quality for a RB.

Mad Dog, you are totally spoiling my picking on the newbie.... Kindly go find a cheese steak to occupy your time, and leave me to my hazing..... :-)

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:16 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Mad Dog, you are totally spoiling my picking on the newbie.... Kindly go find a cheese steak to occupy your time, and leave me to my hazing..... :-)

LOL. Actually, cheese-steaks sound pretty good right now. Anyway, I'm done giving the guy a fair chance.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:22 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Mad Dog, you are totally spoiling my picking on the newbie.... Kindly go find a cheese steak to occupy your time, and leave me to my hazing..... :-)

LOL. Actually, cheese-steaks sound pretty good right now. Anyway, I'm done giving the guy a fair chance.

Damn right.... ;-D

Hail to the Redskins.....

NFC EAST:

Washington 2-0
NY Giants 2-0
Dallas 1-1
Philadelphia 1-1

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk