The Kevin Jones hype - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Kevin Jones hype

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Kevin Jones hype

Postby Little Johnny » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:35 pm

2 comments on Kevin Jones...

1. This is a classic example of a player being overhyped because he is young, exciting, and playing in an offense with "potential". Though it is early in the season, it is plain to see that Joey Harrington will consistently have a negative impact on Jones' numbers. He has not shown the burst or inside running ability to make things happen without a big play passing game opening the field for him.

2. Owners should be patient, because his schedule lightens considerably starting on 10/23. He has a span of about 2 months in which he plays against defenses that should give him more opportunities to put up yardage and score. (That is if Harrington will stop throwing to the guys in the wrong jersey.)

I am glad that I did not buy into the late 1st round hype prior to the season. Kevin is a very good RB, but in no way is he first round material.

Johnny
Little Johnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:41 pm

Agreed. I feel he will get his share later in the year.

I ranked him at about #15 and as expected someone grabbed him right after I got Dillon who I had ahead of him.

I just didn't trust Detroit was a sure bet even though on paper they appear solid. Dillon on the other hand has a wicked 1st 6 games then the schedule eases up in the winter months where he pays huge dividends.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Gridiron Guru » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:52 pm

He will end up with productive numbers IF Harrington can prevent opposing defenses from stacking the box to stop Jones. Harrington has got to get it together for Jones to realize his potential.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=163412
Gridiron Guru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santana » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:15 pm

No doubt he has done next to nothing these first two weeks, but lets not forget how many yards he put up in the second half last year. He'll get his numbers soon enough. Interesting note about his schedule lightening
Santana
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Abandon ship, there is a pinprick in the hull!!!!!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cyclone » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:52 pm

While Im as frustrated as any Jones owner is (probably cost this weeks matchup), Im not prepared to cut the cord yet. Because I have a few rookies in my league, I was lucky enough to grab him in the 4th round of the draft (32nd pick), so I dont consider him such a waste. Also, after the bye he will get his fullback back, so hopefully that will help him a little.

The real problem is Harrington, this guy just cant seem to get it done. He is surrounded by talent at WR and RB, and he simply cant make the plays. Mooch needs to go QB shopping and try to find some kind of compitent backup.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mikus » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:56 pm

I think I played my cards well on this guy.

I had LaMont Jordan on my roster, and sold him to the Kevin Jones owner in my league for Jones AND Anquan Boldin, which upgraded my WR with Burleson out.

It doesn't hurt that I have Rudi Johnson and LT2 in front of KJ either.

I think KJ will be fine, he just needs some help for Harrington, and I think he'll get it.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Return to Football Talk