YAHOO STAT ERROR = FRED TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

YAHOO STAT ERROR = FRED TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Rule #1: Never Trust a Computer

If it's a close game and I am sittin on my butt i will get out the pen and paper and do it the ol' way.

Have lost 2 games since i have been playing FF because I thought i was ahead and benched players to avoid minus points, then had the stats corrected and lost.

Every now and then it aint bad to do it with pen and paper, that was the way we always did it before

that's a good idea...but where do you get your stats? oh from the computer? it would be wise to do it this way, but you have to get several different stat lines...because if you used yahoo's you would have come to the same conclusion that yahoo did. so you have to find different places to get your stats. it's not that hard, i know, but i just wanted to give you some crap about getting your stats off the computer.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Computers don't make mistakes. Humans do. ;-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:06 pm

If it's a close game and I am sittin on my butt i will get out the pen and paper and do it the ol' way.

Have lost 2 games since i have been playing FF because I thought i was ahead and benched players to avoid minus points, then had the stats corrected and lost.

Every now and then it aint bad to do it with pen and paper, that was the way we always did it before

Sad, but I usually break out the calculator and do it myself on Sundays, Stat Tracker or not. We have NFL.com up and just get the stats off of there. Didn't get Stat Tracker last year and I used good 'ol pen and paper to figure out the outcome of my FF Superbowl game...I was right on!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Re: YAHOO STAT ERROR = FRED TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!

Postby bruuno2 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:33 pm

Gridiron Guru wrote:Yahoo has made a stat error that is affecting the matchup outcomes in all of its fantasy football leagues. Yahoo says Fred Taylor rushed for 162 yards, while he actually rushed for only 81. This error has caused many managers to lose who should have won, and vice versa. Has anyone else in Yahoo leagues noticed this? It needs to be fixed, but what is the best way to contact Yahoo (other than emailing customer care)?

It needs to be fixed??? :-# I went from a 99-96 loss.To a 105-99 win.To my amazment i must add.;-D ;-D ;-D .Then woke up today to a loss :~( :~( :~( Must we be so honest all the time? ;-7
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk