Priest Holmes has been "Paid" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes has been "Paid"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest Holmes has been "Paid"

Postby SinCity » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:16 pm

It's being reported on the radio and the news that Preist has gotten his contract upped. Exstended for 2 years and 10 million dollars.
Thats all I have herd.

Fantasy Spin:
The Chiefs think that Priest is health and is ready for the season. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:19 pm

Sportscenter said 4 years 5 mil per.

Just got this off of ESPN.com

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) _ Running back Priest Holmes, who has led the NFL in yards from scrimmage the past two seasons, agreed to a four-year contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday.

Holmes had indicated he might not play in the season opener on Sunday if a new deal was not worked out.

When asked if he would now be paid as the best running back in football, Holmes smiled and said, ``Let's just say that I am a happy man.''

He had been scheduled to make a base salary of about $2.5 million in each of the three years remaining on his contract _ unquestionably below market value for a player who had 4,440 yards from scrimmage the past two seasons and was selected the NFL's most valuable offensive player for 2002.

He missed the last two games of last season with a hip injury that required surgery in February. But general manager Carl Peterson said Wednesday he was satisfied the hip had fully healed.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SinCity » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm

Got it in writing now... thanks man! ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:28 pm

Good for him, I dont have him on any of my teams this year, so I cant wish him luck in playing the season, but im happy for him.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Football Talk