Jamal Lewis...Fantasy Dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis...Fantasy Dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:43 am

I may be jumping the gun this year with there Oline Cornbread but I am having a hard time believing that the Fullback and the formation is going to place a huge improvemnt in the running game if Anthony can't move the ball. No matter what formation you have I find it hard to believe that Tenn can actually shut out a possible has been at running back. I would be more optimistic on Jamal and the Oline if Tenn didnt shut them out and if Anthony could move the ball. The only reason Jamal MIGHT have a good week 4 is because they are playing the Jets who will more than likely go 3 and out consistently. I alos fear Chester in the backfield especially since Jamal hasnt been signed to his big deal he was promised. I agree that most of my stuff is probably crap or just opionated but time will tell.I hope for my other FF team I am wrong.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:46 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I guess Im wondering if JLew is one of the bigger buy low candidates right now and Id like some actual logical reasoning rather than the emotional guesses that this thread has produced so far. Any Ravens faithful in the house that want to shed some light on this?

That's the big money question.
Is he a buy low guy, or a cut and run washout?
Is he hiding the severity of his injury?
And what of Chester Taylor?
Will he continue to steal carries?

This is a huge week for the Raves. They decided to suck at QB and then lost their sucky QB. Now they have to rely on what they thought would be a dominant run game and their tremendous D.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:48 am

so many questions??????????
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:21 am

In the first two games, the fullback leading the way for Lewis was Ovie Mughelli. This week, the Ravens will have the more experienced Alan Ricard, who was held out of the first two games with a calf injury.

The Jets have a fairly stout run defense, so I don't expect anything TOO major out of Jamal this week, but I expect him to explode against Detroit in week 5 and Cleveland in week 6.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby footballboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:46 pm

From the Sports Network:

Baltimore's offensive strength coming into 2005 was its run game, but after two games and a total of 57 ground yards for former Pro Bowler Jamal Lewis, that perception is open to debate. Lewis, who is averaging just 2.2 yards per rush and was held to nine yards on 10 carries in the loss to the Titans, has found little running room behind the team's thin offensive line. If Lewis continues to struggle, the team could give more time to backup Chester Taylor (7 rushes, 32 yards, 5 receptions), who offers more of a pass-catching threat out of the backfield. Baltimore sits at the bottom of the NFL rushing chart with just 91 ground yards through two contests.

Also - Lewis was in prison for 6 months receiving no special training treatment, just a regular Joe. He's had to battle his drug trafficing woes in that time while he is also recovering from a foot injury from last year. And he hasn't received a big contract offer yet from the Ravens. He's a 26 year old kid who might not have his head screwed on right. Hey Chester Taylor - are you ready for some football? :-)
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk