Darren Sproles, take a seat! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darren Sproles, take a seat!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Darren Sproles, take a seat!

Postby Cyclone » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:13 pm

Its utterly ridiculous that Schotttenheimer is reducing the number of carries LT2 is getting in favor for this rookie RB. While LT's prodcution hasnt been BAD by any means, the man hasnt caught 1 pass in two weeks. I understand the desire to see what the kid has, but come on, you have the BEST RB in the leauge and he isnt being fully utilized. He si the foundation of the offense and is only seeing 19 touches? Only time this kid should be in is when LT2 needs a drink of water, or has the sudden urge to use the bathroom. Other then that, grab some bench.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:21 pm

I agree...watching the Denver game, I was apalled at the lack of touches LT was getting. Don't get me wrong...Sproles and Turner are not bad to have around, depth-wise, but GIVE LT THE BALL!!! Not sure if it's SD's Offensive Coord. Cam Caneron that's to blame (probably not...it's always the illustrious idiot Shotty). Let's hope the situation is corrected....fast!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby catch22 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Out of 50 rushes LT has 38.....Sproles and Neal have 3 catches combined....I dont understand your argument here....
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby littletank » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm

wow Sproles took 2 plays away from LT.

Quit your f'n complaining about 2 plays when LT still got 2 td's.

Oh and by the way, don't be surprised to see Sproles being used more often. His quickness cannot be replicated by another.
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:50 pm

I love Sproles...I was just saying that they need to use LT more. I don't care if he hasn't gained yards on his last 3 carries...he needs opportunity to make something happen. I'm a die hard Charger fan and I love having quick guys like Sproles around...good depth for us...it's just the play calling time and time again that kills us...hope we're not back to the 5-11 years again.
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby catch22 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:59 pm

footballchick23 wrote:I love Sproles...I was just saying that they need to use LT more. I don't care if he hasn't gained yards on his last 3 carries...he needs opportunity to make something happen. I'm a die hard Charger fan and I love having quick guys like Sproles around...good depth for us...it's just the play calling time and time again that kills us...hope we're not back to the 5-11 years again.

I wouldnt worry about that....I cant answer why they havent used LT in the passing game? Maybe defenses are taking that away. It would be interesting to see the passing yardage this year compared to last years after 2 games. Theyve lost two tough games.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:05 pm

I have watched LT run his A$$ off since he was drafted and conistently lose games due to defense. Last year, we finally got some semblance of a defense (Quentin Jammer not included) and we won. We have one of the hardest schedules this year and it's only going to get harder and harder every week. I don't trust Shottenheimer one bit...I hate that he's our coach...I just hope they can turn it around soon or it's going to be another long season in San Diego....at least the weather's nice! :)
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cyclone » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:27 pm

littletank wrote:wow Sproles took 2 plays away from LT.

Quit your f'n complaining about 2 plays when LT still got 2 td's.

Oh and by the way, don't be surprised to see Sproles being used more often. His quickness cannot be replicated by another.

lol Sproles speed means NOTHING when the O line is slowy crumbling, you need a power back. Obviously Im not the only one "F'n complaining" as sportscenter and LT himself have all taken notice of his lack of use in the reception area. You dont like complaining, take a walk.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:13 pm

It'd be different if they were winning right now, if this was working for the team in some way...but if I was LT I'd be freaking pissed.

Fantasy points notwithstanding, this situation is very irritating for all SD fans.

Run LT run! ;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:56 pm

People haven't been stealing carries from him. They just haven't been that productive offensively I think.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk