Drew Bennett? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Bennett?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drew Bennett?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:57 pm

How has he looked the first 2 weeks? I havent seen any Titans game and havent seen any of the stat lines. Whats everyones take on him?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:09 pm

nobodies got any opinions on Drew Bennett?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:24 pm

Well, he is the leading receiver on the Titans right now in terms of yardage. I haven't seen him play either, so I guess he's just doing his thing and getting decent yardage. It's all going to be about the TD's though as far as him being a better start.

McNair is throwing to anyone and everyone. It's going to mean that his chances of being targeted for TD's are going to be lower. I didn't like him being taken as a #2 during drafts this year, and I won't change my mind until I see some bigger games.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:06 am

He's played two VERY tough AFC North defenses in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

I had him on my bench for those two games. I wouldn't judge him too much until he gets some better matchups to even out the stats.

His next several games look very easy:

@StL
vs. Indy
@Houston
vs. Cincy
@Arizona
vs. Oakland
@Cleveland

With the exception of Indy and maybe Cincy, these are some of the worst defenses in the NFL. I haven't decided if I'm starting him this week or not....Bruce has been looking good in my #2 WR slot.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:10 pm

The post above me is all you have to read to know the answer to your question ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:26 pm

Bennett had a decent opening week, I think ~80 yards. But if Tennessee gets ahead, it seems clear they're going to run their two backs into the ground.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby benm3218 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:32 pm

If you are going to play him, at any time this year...... PLAY him this week. Against Rams with our poor defense, we should be throwing a ton to try and catch up.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:41 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Well, he is the leading receiver on the Titans right now in terms of yardage. I haven't seen him play either, so I guess he's just doing his thing and getting decent yardage. It's all going to be about the TD's though as far as him being a better start.

McNair is throwing to anyone and everyone. It's going to mean that his chances of being targeted for TD's are going to be lower. I didn't like him being taken as a #2 during drafts this year, and I won't change my mind until I see some bigger games.

i couldn't agree more with mercer boy. i thought he was incredibly overrated this year because of three games last year. he tore it up for those 3 games, don't get me wrong...but it was with mason on the other side and volek just throwing it up for grabs. his fantasy value was inflated due to those 3 games at the end of last year....and now, mcnair is qbing and he doesn't play favorites...and not to mention that mason isn't there to have the #1 cb covering. bennett is a weak #2 wr and a solid #3/bye week fill in...in my opinion, and my leagues (which are not incredibly deep).
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:25 pm

moonhead wrote:i couldn't agree more with mercer boy. i thought he was incredibly overrated this year because of three games last year. he tore it up for those 3 games, don't get me wrong...but it was with mason on the other side and volek just throwing it up for grabs. his fantasy value was inflated due to those 3 games at the end of last year....and now, mcnair is qbing and he doesn't play favorites...and not to mention that mason isn't there to have the #1 cb covering. bennett is a weak #2 wr and a solid #3/bye week fill in...in my opinion, and my leagues (which are not incredibly deep).

This is a bad argument.

First of all, he had more than 3 good games. 7-85-0, 9-109-0, 5-59-1, 6-148-1, 3-124-3, 12-233-3, 13-160-2, 2-50-1 Those are all solid games.

Everyone has breakout games. Do you want to remove them from other players too? Just Bennett? That's not fair. It's about perception...I may say that because of those big games, he's "explosive", but you'll call it "flukey."

What if I said that because Tennessee stinks, they'll have to throw it more...therefore, Bennett has more value. You'll say that Tennessee is garbage and their players are garbage.

The #1CB notion is flawed. Many receivers have thrived after being moved from the #2 to #1 WR job. Many have failed. You simply cannot label Bennett a failure after playing Pittsburgh and Baltimore....you owe it to us not to do that.

Your straw man argument is insulting. Once gain, I'll reiterate my earlier post. Save judgement for Bennett until he plays these cake games that he has upcoming. He's played probably the two best defenses in the league and put up 79 yards and 52 yards in those games. Are you seriously going to pull a "I-Told-You-So" after that? Please.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:07 pm

You tell 'em BH. I agree!!!
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next