QB TOUGH CALL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB TOUGH CALL

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB TOUGH CALL

Postby Enviroag02 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:40 pm

Do I start McNair against Oakland which looks surprisingly thin in the secondary without Woodson or do I start Griese who is somewhat hurt with a bum ankle and I dont know if he'll start but he's going against a horrid Baltimore defense.
Enviroag02

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TomahawkChild » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:51 pm

I'm going to have to go with Griese because of the fact that the Broncos almost always do good and they will be playing Baltimore so I think that they will play Griese anyways.
TomahawkChild
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Marcum » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:52 pm

I would start Griese in this instance. Monday night game, the spotlight, against a once great defense but no longer. I think both will put up similar number, but Griese has better potential just because of matchup.
Marcum

?

Postby Enviroag02 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:01 am

I was thinking Shanahan might put Buerlein in since it is just Baltimore....I mean even if Griese starts...I have a feeling Buerlein will take some snaps just to make sure Griese doesnt hurt his ankle worse. What do yall think?
Enviroag02

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:39 am

Sept. 27, 7:14 p.m.
"Griese returned to practice on Friday, two days after being injured when he tripped over his dog. Griese is listed as probable for Denver's game against Baltimore on Monday, and coach Mike Shanahan said he didn't seem to have any trouble in practice.Sounds like he's ready; start him."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby detroitbob » Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:48 am

griese...but i bet this ends up a wash in the end. neither will be stellar, so i say griese has less chance of getting burned by the ravens.
detroitbob

Postby JayM09 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:11 am

agreed. go with griese
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk