Funky scoring? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Funky scoring?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Funky scoring?

Postby Where's Ryan Leaf? » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:59 pm

I joined a new league this year that I (and others in the league) think has some bizaare scoring. It awards 1 point for every QB completion. McNabb scored close to 60 points this past week. I'm just wondering if anyone ese has played in a legue with similar scoring criteria. We also get PPR. It's a Yahoo league with fairly normal scoring other than that. It just sems to place a huge emphasis on QBs and if your QB has a stellar week, you're a lock to win. Any general advice on how to play the rest of the season and what specific things to look for in this kind of scoring?
"I love me some me"
Where's Ryan Leaf?
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Sounds a bit retarded to me...

I'm in one league that awards completions with 1 point but balances it with -1 for imcompletions so you need to look for guys who are accurate, not just guys who put it up a lot...

High scoring QBs in your format will be guys like Warner, Bulger, Dilfer (browns D is bad bad bad so he should throw a lot) - low scoring will be guys like Big Ben, Vick, Trent Green...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Getting points for completions isn't bad, as long as receivers get points for receptions (typically more than completions), and running backs get points for rushing attempts.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:25 pm

Yea, I have been in a league like that, the Qb's total points are that greater than your rb's combined, don't like it and wont do it again....

BTW, Ironhorse75 Luv the Seneca Wallace Sig, First time I wouldnt mind Hass gettin hurt or taken out of a game ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Return to Football Talk