Bye weeks kickin in!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye weeks kickin in!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:09 am

I laugh everytime i see someone have like 4 or 5 players with the same bye week, just shows their FF drafting research was crap.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I laugh everytime i see someone have like 4 or 5 players with the same bye week, just shows their FF drafting research was crap.

Not necessarily. Its a feasible strategy to try and stack all your starters, or as many as possible, with the same bye week, that way you sacrifice one week in order to play more games at full strength.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:33 pm

It also depends on whether you're drafting for depth or drafting for trade value. Some draft for the most complete team, and some draft the best available player, regardless of need, in hopes of trading for equivalent players and making a better team than could have easily been drafted.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:49 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Bye weeks....this is where the men get separated from the boys!

(Or at least who drafted while keeping in mind bye weeks)

I only loosely keep bye weeks in consideration during draft, ex i wouldn't avoid edge or marvin even though I have peyton, though I might avoid vaderjagt at that point.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:30 pm

I am in a very competitive 16 team league and I have both D Davis and K Jones on bye this week...my backups are M Anderson and Tatum Bell...there are absolutely no players available...yeah ...Im screwed....
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:36 pm

I try to draft the best team and when it's close between players then I look at the byes.
LooseCannon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:48 pm

skibrett15 wrote:ugg. I'm getting screwed this week in one league: Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Andre Johnson and Derrick Mason are all goners. Gotta Play najeh davenport and Duce staley, jerome bettis and Lav Coles due to roster limitations. I'm so screwed.

Woohoo ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:50 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Bye weeks....this is where the men get separated from the boys!

I only loosely keep bye weeks in consideration during draft, ex i wouldn't avoid edge or marvin even though I have peyton, though I might avoid vaderjagt at that point.

I do as well, but it's just funny when someone who is supposedly an "expert" drafts a bunch of guys with the same bye week. Everyone has their own strategy...I know that most of the guys in my draft just drafted and then looked at the bye weeks to see if they were screwed!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GameDay_Zombies » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:05 pm

But... you are a girl:)

Yeah.. thank God Kevin Jones has a bye week, so I can start S. Davis. I wanted to last week, he might be taking over the starting position for good if he performs well this week.
GameDay_Zombies
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:07 pm

GameDay_Zombies wrote:

But... you are a girl:)

Yeah.. thank God Kevin Jones has a bye week, so I can start S. Davis. I wanted to last week, he might be taking over the starting position for good if he performs well this week.

Hey...who says a girl can't run with the big boys?! :)
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk