Predictions for first Sweet Sixteen OUT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Predictions for first Sweet Sixteen OUT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Predictions for first Sweet Sixteen OUT

Postby Murray » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:56 am

Week 2 now, and there are a couple of people left with only 2 picks remaining.

Place your bets for which week the first person goes out. }:-)
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:09 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it's me and I have 4 left. :-o
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:15 am

I havne't checked yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it was me, Im pretty bad at picking games.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:26 am

me too!
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:26 pm

I forget who it was last year...I was down to three after three weeks last time and went until week 9. So, I'm basically in the same boat this year. :-o

I will endeavor not to be the first one out...can't be good for my image. :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pawnking » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:48 am

Actually, the best policy is to gear to have only one or two picks left by week 8 or 9, whichever is the week when you can't pick the same team again the rest of the season. Last year, one guy had three teams left at that point, which sounds great until you realize that he burned through all the good picks within 2 weeks and was left with dregs, and washed out quickly after that.

This year, my plan is to save my bye until the games start to count. Hopefully, I'll be down to just one pick by then, and hopefully, like last year, I can ride that one pick to the superbowl, this time with the aide of the bye.
"I always try to play beautiful games" - Gary Kasparov
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 pm

One thing I didnt like was people who have played since week 1 only have between 2 and 5 picks left(avg) and some people started in week 3 and had 8 picks to do and are much higher now, Seems it worked out better to wait.

Was the 8 available by week 8 from the average people had left or do you knock off 2 per week?

The first 2 weeks were big upsets and hurt a lot of us.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby pawnking » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:50 pm

Alkaholik wrote:One thing I didnt like was people who have played since week 1 only have between 2 and 5 picks left(avg) and some people started in week 3 and had 8 picks to do and are much higher now, Seems it worked out better to wait.

Actually, I think anyone could have chosen to use the bye in week one. You're right that early upsets hurt of lot of us, but I suppose that could be true any given Sunday. The fluky loses by the Rams, the Eagles being upset by the Falcons, and Carolina were total shocks to everyone. Ah, well.
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:45 am

Alkaholik wrote:Was the 8 available by week 8 from the average people had left or do you knock off 2 per week?

It's in the rules page that any weeks you don't submit picks, you lose half your remaining picks if you have already used your bye week. In other words:

Miss the first week's picks, your bye week is used and you still have 16 picks for week 2.

Miss the second week and you lose half of your remaining picks, leaving you with 8 picks for week 3.

As it stands right now, anyone can join for week 4 even if they haven't played the game yet, but they will only have 4 picks that they can make. If they wait until week 5, they will only have two picks, if they wait until week 6, they will only have 1 pick, and if they don't make picks by week 6, they have to wait until next year. B-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Six for six two weeks in a row???

Postby pawnking » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:57 am

If the Packers fall again tonight, it will happen! I should do this for a living!
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk