Kickers with good week 1 matchups??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kickers with good week 1 matchups???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kickers with good week 1 matchups???

Postby zEli173 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:51 pm

What kickers have the odds in their favor for a BIG week 1 performance :-)
zEli173
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:38 pm

I'd be interested to hear how you can predict good matchups for kickers. I have M. Gramatica ;-)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Orange and Blue » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:21 am

They're kickers. Flip a coin. At least that way you can blame it on fate rather than dumb luck when you wind up picking way wrong.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:03 am

If you play matchup the only factors are the odds that a team will score a lot, kick indoors, kick on a carpet, or play in Denver. I love the idea of playing matchup with K and D positions. They are less likely to kill you if you guess wrong.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:10 am

Actually you can find that info at a few sites. Some teams will tend to give up more K points than other teams, but it usually is more of a flukey thing heavily influenced by a game or 2 with several FG's given up.

I play match-ups to some extent, but I'd have to agree tha playing K match-ups is going a little far. Playing a good offenses K against a poor team is a good manaeuver, but if the offensive is too efficient, you get 6 extra points and no FG's.

A K I don't hear much about is Seattle's K Josh Brown. He's a rookie, and I know nothing about him. I needed a back-up K in a league where you must carry 2 K's on your roster. If Seattle's offense is as good as advertised, then he could be a steal.

On the other hand, he's a 7th round pick and a rookie. I wouldn't be expecting a star, but if he can show he's a legit NFL kicker he could put up top 10 K points.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SinCity » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:53 am

I just start my highest ranked kicker enless High wind, rain or snow is predicted. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:12 am

my take: it can never hurt to make an informed decision vs. an un-informed decision. in my view, probably the best indicators of a kickers fantasy value are playing conditions and surface. i also give a nodd to red-zone inneptitude on the part of a kicker's offense

now that we've argued the merits, does anyone actually have any info - or websties with info - on kicker matchups for this weekend?

Postby zEli173 (not logged in) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:13 am

my take: it can never hurt to make an informed decision vs. an un-informed decision. in my view, probably the best indicators of a kickers fantasy value are playing conditions and surface. i also give a nodd to red-zone inneptitude on the part of a kicker's offense

now that we've argued the merits, does anyone actually have any info - or websties with info - on kicker matchups for this weekend?
zEli173 (not logged in)

Postby emaja » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:33 am

How many kickers are you carrying so that you actually have to do research to play the matchup?

Play the matchups in WR, start your stud RB's and since you have to play a kicker, so it and let the rest of your team carry you.

I don't remember a kicker "blowing up" unless it was the Grammaticas and that was more like a "blow-out" (knee, hammy, etc.) I have also never beat myself up over not starting the right kicker.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:58 am

You could always try this ESPN Page: http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl02/requ ... T&Param0=4

But I say just go with your best kicker. In fact, why even keep 2 on the roster? Roster spot seems better utilized to hold onto L.Jordon, Bulger, Toefield, etc.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk