Player Value: Ronnie Brown or Mike Anderson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Player Value: Ronnie Brown or Mike Anderson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Player Value: Ronnie Brown or Mike Anderson

Postby Santana » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:46 am

So I have a less than preferable RB situation in one of my leagues. Edge is my first RB, but I drafted Ronnie Brown as my 2nd RB and he's not doing too much. I figured I'd be safe since I nabbed Anderson, who is in Denver and was so good in the pre-season, but now Denver's situation is all muddled. Should I attempt to trade for another RB? I just picked up Suggs, will he come back at any point and have any value?

And should I start Brown or Anderson this week?
Santana
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:09 pm

I would try something else, I don't like Denver's situation already, seems to be the same every year, now they have 3 rb's to decide against :-?

Each are going to split carries, so i would try to stay away from that ship unless u hear that anderson will be picking up nearly all the carries.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby skibum » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:32 pm

Watch the news coming out of Denver closely, but if Anderson is getting the start, which right now he is, then he is a better back than Brown. Suggs is second string right now, and not guaranteed to get any carries.

With Tatum Bell dinged up, Anderson should be a solid start, although Dayne certainly will take a few carries.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
skibum
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:17 am

Drop Suggs and pickup Ron Dayne immediately.

He should have been picked up off your waivers already, but if he is still there you almost have to grab the guy. It could be damn near impossible to grab this guy unless you have the #1 waiver priority or something similar if he does something this Sunday. Dayne is the type of player that you absolutely have to pickup 1 week early, otherwise you'rll be 1 week late. Especially if you are a Mike Anderson owner!

---

It's like Dejavu from last year.

The Starter (Griffin/Anderson) has poor play/fumble/ghost injury.

Then the no-name/has been #3 RB(Droughns/Dayne) leap frogs the "injured/backup RB" Tatum Bell into the starting spot.

I'm not saying it could happen, but history has a way of repeating itself and this SAME EXACT SITUATION happened last year as well. If Mike Anderson fails in any way shape or form in the next several weeks, Ron Dayne is your starting Denver RB. For all we know, Dayne could be the starting RB RIGHT NOW.

After Sunday it may be too late.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:44 am

I agree w/ Kensat, pick up Dayne. I think Bell is going to drop on the depth chart to 3rd real soon. Start Anderson this week over Brown.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby shaba » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:16 pm

I just dropped Brown 2day....Dont think he is gona be one of the rookies who live up to the hype...He doenst even have a 100 yards in 2 games...Fortuantely I onyl had him as a reserve but if Starting him def look into someone else....Besides Ricky Williams will be back soon then even less carries for the unproductive rookie..
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Football Talk