Did you see the hit Leftwich took??(TOUGHEST PLAYERS IN NFL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did you see the hit Leftwich took??(TOUGHEST PLAYERS IN NFL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Donovan McNabb and his broken ankle?

Jansen defintelys tough. 2 broken thumbs? are you kidding me?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Lots of good guys mentioned. Favre, Henry, and Emmit are up there for me.

But I think Leftwich could challenge for toughest NFL player someday. Heck, that hit he took last week was nothing compared do when his linemen had to carry him during a comeback drive in college. No matter what happens in Leftwich's career, after that moment the "tough" label went on him permanently.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:44 pm

I remember seeing a Countdown story on Leftwich about how he got hit by a car while he was playing streetball as a kid and bounced right up and kept playing :-o
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:15 pm

Not only the hit that bent his body all around but a couple plays later he got DESTROYED by 2 guys while completing a long pass down the left side to j.smith and just layed there for a sec. then his lineman helped him up and he kept going like it wasn't a big deal. He is super bad-ass.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:46 pm

Yeah, I thought he was done when I saw it.

There was a colts player on the back of his leg and another one hitting him in the back so his leg was already in a bad position when a colts player came from the front and hit him in the chest.

I couldn't beleive he wasn't injured severely..

But he definitely earned some gamer respect for that. Reminds me of the QB toughness McNair has.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:12 pm

maddog60 wrote:Lots of good guys mentioned. Favre, Henry, and Emmit are up there for me.

But I think Leftwich could challenge for toughest NFL player someday. Heck, that hit he took last week was nothing compared do when his linemen had to carry him during a comeback drive in college. No matter what happens in Leftwich's career, after that moment the "tough" label went on him permanently.

I remember seeing footage of that. Im not sure how bad his ankle was, but imagine trying to run the two-minute drill without being able to take mroe than a few steps? Lord Byron is one tough MoFo.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ironhorse75 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:26 pm

maddog60 wrote:nothing compared do when his linemen had to carry him during a comeback drive in college.

In those 4 games, he was 4-0.

1,273 yards passing with a 68.8% completion percentage
11 TD's 3 INT
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dirt McGirt » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 am

Hines Ward seems like a tough gritty player...always smiling too

I dont actually think this guys is tough BUT if Dave Carr makes it through the whole season with the beating he has taken the 1st 2 weeks ill consider him an NFL tough guy (if not benched first)
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:10 am

Jack Youngblood Played Super Bowl XIV on a broken leg, and back in the late '70's I can only imagine what the "treatment" was. (Tape and some painkillers.)

Lefty's a bad**s, no doubt. Emmitt was another (that game against the Giants where he had the seperated shoulder and had like 160 was just unbelievable to watch.)

Football Players. Gotta Love 'Em. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:48 am

I'm probably the last guy to ever consider nominating a baseball player for toughest anything but that Red Sox pitcher with the bloody ankle from last years Series comes to mind - even if he's not a football player that guy seems like a tough SOB to me...

Carr definitely gets my respect for the beatings he has taken the past 3 years+ and I feel bad for the guy because he will probably have trouble breathing (nevermind walking) when he gets older from the abuse his body is taking now...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk