Did you see the hit Leftwich took??(TOUGHEST PLAYERS IN NFL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did you see the hit Leftwich took??(TOUGHEST PLAYERS IN NFL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:12 am

lmcjaho wrote:I'm probably the last guy to ever consider nominating a baseball player for toughest anything but that Red Sox pitcher with the bloody ankle from last years Series comes to mind - even if he's not a football player that guy seems like a tough SOB to me...

That would have been Curt Schilling. :-)

Travis Henry, McNair, any lineman who plays with ones of those clubs for hands...it's good stuff! Seems like they aren't playing for the money so much when you see that. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ravenmad22 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:59 am

While at Marshall, Leftwich led a game winning drive after sustaining a fractured fibula on the play before.

His linemen physically carried (like fireman carried) him down the field as he made throw after throw to win the game. Freaking amazing.
ravenmad22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:15 pm

refresh my memory please.....why is travis henry being nominated? im gonna feel really dumb, because ive probably just forgot some horrific injury he's played through...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:18 pm

jayday wrote:refresh my memory please.....why is travis henry being nominated? im gonna feel really dumb, because ive probably just forgot some horrific injury he's played through...

2003 he played through a fractured leg all year. Wasn't a major fracture, but he was running the ball 20-30 times a week, taking hits 16 out of 17 weeks on a fractured leg all the same.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Mark Brunell, took 5 sacks and still ran the ball for a sweet 25 yard run and threw for 2 TDs

But that Byron effort is manly.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kmac » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:02 pm

Here in Jacksonville most people don't neccisarrly think "tough" in regards to Leftwich. He is a tough player, no doubt but the word dumb comes to mind regarding his NFL play. The play were he got his leg cruched--he fumbled the ball and then tried to pick it up when he should have dove on the ball. He was pretty much asking for an injury. He is one of most immobile QB's in the league. He just stands there and takes hits for no reason. At the games, a lot of people joke that an average fan could run faster then him. He can't move like one foot to the side when someone is chasing him. He is more like a clutz who gets himself hurt then a rough and tough player.

11-5 Lifetime Fantasy Record with a 2nd place finish.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:26 pm

I've seen Coles take some nasty hits and get up!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:35 pm

Tiki I think once played with a broken arm (99?) or maybe it was toomer. Toomer doesn't make sense tho as he's a receiver. McNair I wouldn't call that tough, I think he just gets minor injuries and plays through them a lot. Last year he had a more major injury and didn't play through it. Favre got a concussion against the giants last year, was taken out of the game, ran away from the doctor and into the huddle. The backup runs out of the huddle and Favre throws a TD to walker. Quality.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:40 pm

Screw that. I am the world's toughest man.
I played an entire football season with a broken arm and was 3rd on the team in scoring.

It was flag football, but whatever. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MiniDitkas » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 am

I live in Jax and go to all the games. Kmac is just some garrard lover.

Byron is the toughest man in the NFL. He is tougher than Favre and Ward. Our oline in Jax blows. Period. Byron gets drilled in the chest 5 times a game, knocked on his back another 5 times a game, sacked, punched, whatever. He played a game last year with a concussion! He gets his butt kicked out there and gets right up. I don't remember if it was this year or last, but he got a helmet to the nuts and was able to walk it off.

This guy doesn't fear pain. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But there is no doubt in my mind he is the toughest SOB out there.
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk