Worst Trade of the year.... ruins league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst Trade of the year.... ruins league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Personally what I'd do is not veto it but whisper in the guy with DD's ear about how dumb he is. DD will catch as many passes and eventually rush for some td's once this string of wicked D's goes by. KeNONE just doesn't have it anymore except for week 1 in which the target Gates was gone.

I'd show him what to expect by pointing out what he did per game last year. Say "can you live with 4 rpg 50 yds and a td per 4-5 games?"
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:58 pm

biju wrote:In all of these cases you simply need to talk to the owner who appears to be making the bad trade. If they can put up an argument (not even a good one) as to why this will benefit their team it should pass.

The Veto is only for collusion in my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;-D

I wouldn't do the trade, but it can be easily justified by simply looking at DD's performance over the first two weeks.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:03 pm

i'm with you, at least. i think the trade is terrible, unbalanced, and unbalancing to the league depending on the position of the person getting davis.

i'd shoot it down if possible.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Worst Trade of the year.... ruins league?

Postby spodog » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:57 pm

devius wrote:ok..in my semi-big money league, there's a trade pending that is just very very skewed. at least in my opinion. here it is....ready?!? D.Davis for K. McCardell :-t :-t :-t im currently the only 2-0 team in the league. and the guy trading for D.Davis is 0-2. do i have the right to put up a fit if this goes through?

No, you don't have the right to put up a fit.

This trade could work out as a bummer for either team (or a good deal for either team, seen conversly).

HOU offense is in a shambles. Maybe it recovers, maybe not.

McCardell could get anywhere from 400 yds to 1400 yds, who knows? If SD slides to 1-5, which is possible, then you might see Drew Brees put on a headset and Mr. Rivers start his career, in which case McCardell is a waste from a fantasy production standpoint.

Rather than whine about this one, got work some trades yourself.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:01 pm

devius wrote:ok..in my semi-big money league, there's a trade pending that is just very very skewed. at least in my opinion. here it is....ready?!? D.Davis for K. McCardell :-t :-t :-t im currently the only 2-0 team in the league. and the guy trading for D.Davis is 0-2. do i have the right to put up a fit if this goes through?

No you don't have any right. This trade looks ok, not super but unless there is collusion and you can prove it then no right to veto.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GameDay_Zombies » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:06 pm

This is not a bogus trade. It is a prime example of someone pushing the panic button to soon. Houston has looked pathetic and Davis may turn out to be a bust, considering where he was drafted. Does the other guy need receivers ? Even though most of us feel like McCardell will not continue his first week domination, he has started fast. I don't think you dispute the trade, I think you e-mail the guy who is trading DD and tell him he is crazy.
GameDay_Zombies
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:49 pm

spodog wrote:No, you don't have the right to put up a fit.

This trade could work out as a bummer for either team (or a good deal for either team, seen conversly).

HOU offense is in a shambles. Maybe it recovers, maybe not.

McCardell could get anywhere from 400 yds to 1400 yds, who knows? If SD slides to 1-5, which is possible, then you might see Drew Brees put on a headset and Mr. Rivers start his career, in which case McCardell is a waste from a fantasy production standpoint.

and in the mysterious world of uncertainty, tomlinson and barlow could fracture a vertebrae today unloading their groceries and so a straight-up trade of tomlinson for gore is, if anything, unbalanced in the favor of frank gore.

but that completely misses the point. this is a bad trade. bad deal. rotten eggs. smells like an outhouse. looks like a decaying carcass. just bad.

if there was a league drafting today and keenan was drafted one pick ahead of or one pick behind dominick every person in this thread would deride the mccardell owner for having his head up where the sun don't shine. this is just a crappy, crappy trade where one player has a much greater future value than the other. and if you believe that collusion is the only justification for veto, yada, yada, yada... yah. he gets it. that's not the question. and i would be upset if i were in the league and the balance in the league shifted precipitously because one owner seemed to be throwing in the towel.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:37 pm

It's a terrible trade no doubt. I would probably veto it. NO take that back, I would veto it.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:47 pm

It could be a lot worse.

The guy who owns davis is just very upset, and he is making a rash decision. You may want to advise him against it, but its not an extreme enough trade to warrant a veto.

Something like Nate Burleson for Shaun Alexander would be an instant veto, or Marty Booker for LT.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:47 pm

The way that Houston is playing, a case could be made for the fact that McCardell could finish with better stats than Dom....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk