Benson takes credit for Jones success. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson takes credit for Jones success.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Well now he's motivating him more after this dumb statement
LooseCannon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Thinkin on it further, T Jones' little brother is tearin it up in Dallas. He's not even thinkin about some rook. A man just can't have little brother out there showin him up.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:52 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't see this as a cocky statement?

The funny thing is that while the statement is true, you could also simply state the TJones is fresh from the offseason. Give him a few more games and he'll do an '04. Then Benson will see the carries.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:58 pm

Pete123444 wrote:Thinkin on it further, T Jones' little brother is tearin it up in Dallas. He's not even thinkin about some rook. A man just can't have little brother out there showin him up.

Their relationship is a pretty cool one...I read an article about them that said they go and scout each other's next opponent together. When J. Jones was academically ineligible at ND, he transferred to AZ State so he could be near Thomas who was playing with the Cardinals at the time. They're the only boys in the family of 5 kids, so they're really close...I'm sure they motivate each other.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:00 pm

Ehhh, it's true. Jones wouldn't be worried about losing his job if the A-train were still in town.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:00 pm

biju wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't see this as a cocky statement?

The funny thing is that while the statement is true, you could also simply state the TJones is fresh from the offseason. Give him a few more games and he'll do an '04. Then Benson will see the carries.

;-D

While I see it as a somewhat cocky statement, I don't see anything wrong with stating the obvious! Is it that assinine to think that the #4 drafted RB who was drafted as a much-needed "power back" for Turner's system standing on the sidelines is not a little extra motivation for T. Jones. One, maybe two, bad games is all it will take for T. Jones to be benched once Benson learns all his blitz assignments.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:04 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:

;-D

While I see it as a somewhat cocky statement, I don't see anything wrong with stating the obvious! Is it that assinine to think that the #4 drafted RB who was drafted as a much-needed "power back" for Turner's system standing on the sidelines is not a little extra motivation for T. Jones. One, maybe two, bad games is all it will take for T. Jones to be benched once Benson learns all his blitz assignments.

looking at your location, it's hard to understand how you feel the way you do???
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:19 pm

benm3218 wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:

;-D

looking at your location, it's hard to understand how you feel the way you do???

If you do a search on pre-draft talk either in the leftovers section or in the Bears section, you will quickly see that I had absolutely no desire for the Bears to take Benson. I wanted Edwards or Williams, but I am a firm believer that once a guy is drafted you have to pull for that guy. Of course I am on the Benson bandwagon now. You think I want him to suck, meaning the Bears wasted the #4 pick and millions of dollars? That would be great for my team!

Think of it as two guys going for the same promotion in an office. Is it hard to believe that both may try a little harder while they are competing for the job. T. Jones knows that Benson was essentially brought here to replace him! T. Jones knows that if he falters Benson will get a chance and if Benson does well when he gets that chance it's back-up duty for T. Jones!

Was it cocky for Benson to state the obvious? Hell yes it was, but he didn't say anything that anybody didn't know yet.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:26 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:Thinkin on it further, T Jones' little brother is tearin it up in Dallas. He's not even thinkin about some rook. A man just can't have little brother out there showin him up.

Their relationship is a pretty cool one...I read an article about them that said they go and scout each other's next opponent together. When J. Jones was academically ineligible at ND, he transferred to AZ State so he could be near Thomas who was playing with the Cardinals at the time. They're the only boys in the family of 5 kids, so they're really close...I'm sure they motivate each other.

Yeah, I used to live in Norton Va, which is a neighboring town to Big Stone Gap, where they're from. I saw the game where Thomas beat the HS rushing record once held by Terry Kirby. It was powell valley against JI burton. Thomas scored from everywhere on the field. That was the first and only time I called my brother in Jersey to tell him to watch for a player to soon be in the NFL. He was flat out incredible that day!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:47 pm

Turnip wrote:Ehhh, it's true. Jones wouldn't be worried about losing his job if the A-train were still in town.

Agreed. This isnt nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be. When I read the title I was expecting, "Defenses have to focus on me, so TJ is free to roam." Saying he motivates TJ isnt that bad at all.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk