Benson takes credit for Jones success. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson takes credit for Jones success.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:22 pm

Ced's dead baby, Ced's dead.

Screw this chump.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:28 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Turnip wrote:Ehhh, it's true. Jones wouldn't be worried about losing his job if the A-train were still in town.

Agreed. This isnt nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be. When I read the title I was expecting, "Defenses have to focus on me, so TJ is free to roam." Saying he motivates TJ isnt that bad at all.

lol, I was expecting even worse than that. :-D

"The rookie Benson went on to say: I taught Thomas everything he knows...that's the reason he's doing so well right now. Also, we switch jerseys at half-time so he looks fresh for the whole game, but it's really me out there. This mustache of mine makes me look an awful lot like Lando Calrissian...."

You know, like that. ;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:52 pm

LMAO@ the Lando comparison ;-D :-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:54 pm

Ced has it all wrong. It wasn't him motivating Jones, it was the Lions' D.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:30 pm

I hope he keeps motivating him since TJ is on my team.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:49 pm

This site has the most player bashing I've ever seen. Manning sucks. TO sucks. Everyone is always jumping at the opportunity to whine about players, and for bs reasons, much of the time.

I think Benson is CLEARLY CORRECT. His presence means Jones has to bring his A game. He can not relax. Jones knows that his days are numbered if he doesn't put up the stats. It's NOT an issue if his backup is Adrian Peterson.

I don't think it's too cocky. And I don't think that anyone with the talent to go first round is LESS confident than Benson. And you all will be happy to draft Benson next year. Stop looking for excuses to whine and complain.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:03 pm

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with this at all. Sure, the kid is cocky, but we all knew that. Just read his other quotes. He's cocky and he likes money. So what? This is the NFL.

Plus, he's clearly correct here. If you've got a highly-touted rookie back nipping at your heels, then that's obviously an incentive to step up your game. If you have no competition and no risk of losing your job, then that incentive is gone.

So, you can call him arrogant all you want, but it's problematic to assume that just because it was a cocky remark, that it must automatically be incorrect.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:40 am

FatFoot wrote:This site has the most player bashing I've ever seen. Manning sucks. TO sucks. Everyone is always jumping at the opportunity to whine about players, and for bs reasons, much of the time.

I think Benson is CLEARLY CORRECT. His presence means Jones has to bring his A game. He can not relax. Jones knows that his days are numbered if he doesn't put up the stats. It's NOT an issue if his backup is Adrian Peterson.

I don't think it's too cocky. And I don't think that anyone with the talent to go first round is LESS confident than Benson. And you all will be happy to draft Benson next year. Stop looking for excuses to whine and complain.

...But you do agree he looks like Lando, right? That's really my only point here. :-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:46 am

Without question.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby agchris02 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:04 am

I grew up watching this guy play at midland lee in highschool, then tracked him through local papers through college.

He is arrogant, thinks he's one of the top RB's ever, routinely got gifts that he shouldnt have (though Im sure they really werent "gifts" as that would have been illegal in college), amongst a dozen other things that should raise warning flags. He seems like a strong mix of Ricky Williams and Ron Dayne. Chicago signed a trouble maker with a mouth. I happily drafted TJ in many leagues, and seriously doubt Benson will have much of an NFL career.

He'll get his chances, and may prove me wrong, but I doubt it. I think he'll eat into TJ carries week after next, for about 3-4 weeks, then chicago will realize TJ is the better back and go with him.
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk