SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 7
O/U 41½

NEW YORK GIANTS 6
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS -6
O/U 43

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2½
DENVER BRONCOS -2½
O/U 48½

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Yuck! :-t

Looks like the books caught up in a hurry. The only thing that looks remotely playable is OAK v. PHI. I think PHI could/should bury them.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:47 pm

There is one number that sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone else out here think that the Phi/Oak game is going to go way over the 47?

That looks like a no-brainer to me. :-?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:There is one number that sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone else out here think that the Phi/Oak game is going to go way over the 47?

Thats what I thought about Indy-Jax. Something must be wrong with me - this week I like Chicago +3.5. Home dog ...
I'll probably take the easy way out this week with the Steelers -3 and see what happens.
Anybody else like Chicago?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:22 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:There is one number that sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone else out here think that the Phi/Oak game is going to go way over the 47?

Thats what I thought about Indy-Jax. Something must be wrong with me - this week I like Chicago +3.5. Home dog ...
I'll probably take the easy way out this week with the Steelers -3 and see what happens.

Yeah but both of those team actually have defences. We're talking about Philly and Oaktown here. I saw Oakland's secondary on a milk carton. Moss vs. TO - two guys who are working on their endzone dances as I type this. Looks promising.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:

Yeah but both of those team actually have defences. We're talking about Philly and Oaktown here. I saw Oakland's secondary on a milk carton. Moss vs. TO - two guys who are working on their endzone dances as I type this. Looks promising.

I see your point ... my bad on the Indy-Jax. Moss-TO should roll. It's a good call.
But - I still like the Steelers to bone the Pats at Heinz.
And the freakin Bears :-?
Mook, you like the Bears?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:18 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:

I see your point ... my bad on the Indy-Jax. Moss-TO should roll. It's a good call.

I like TJ, I don't like the Bears.

This is a very tough game to pick and will probably come down to some stupid mistake deciding the outcome. I wouldn't want to have to pick this game and in these games I usually take the points. But put a gun to my head and force me to choose and I would take the Bengals.

I have no faith in the Bears passing game and without a passing game their running game is too easy to shut down. The Bengals on the other hand can be very dynamic and have too many weapons. But watch it come down to a field goal. :-P
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby dave416 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:52 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:

I like TJ, I don't like the Bears.

This is a very tough game to pick and will probably come down to some stupid mistake deciding the outcome. I wouldn't want to have to pick this game and in these games I usually take the points. But put a gun to my head and force me to choose and I would take the Bengals.

I have no faith in the Bears passing game and without a passing game their running game is too easy to shut down. The Bengals on the other hand can be very dynamic and have too many weapons. But watch it come down to a field goal. :-P

Cincy unfortunately has given up the most yards per carry thus far this year (5.2 per I believe).

Anyway, anyone else like the Chargers -6? I figure with everyone on the Giants after their fast start, the fact that the Giants have to go to the West Coast, and that this is a must win early season game for the Chargers points me to this pick.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:27 pm

I like the Colts -14 against the Browns. The offense is finally going to get going against a suspect defense. I see over a 20 point victory.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:14 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I like the Colts -14 against the Browns. The offense is finally going to get going against a suspect defense. I see over a 20 point victory.

Sounds good, especially with the way they're playing defense, but with Dilfer putting on his best Dan Marino impersonation, I'm hesitant to pick anyone -14 against them... I mean, it's rare that I would ever take any NFL team -14 over any other NFL team.... The NFL is too unpredictable (see St. Louis v. San Francisco - week 1)....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk