Graphics question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Graphics question

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Graphics question

Postby leal72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:29 pm

I think I'm just a$$ out but I made a logo for someone a while ago and just now found his website where he is selling products with the logo on it 8-o

Just seems kind of jacked that it's being used to make money and I'm not getting any :~(

Any suggestions?

Going forward what can I/we do to prevent this from happening to others?

website if you want to take a look http://www.cafepress.com/legendsofthefal/840653
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giantdogs92 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:35 pm

wow.... he took your logo and put it on like 50 things... wow
giantdogs92
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:57 pm

That's horrible man...I remember when you made that logo, is was pretty freaking awesome. What an asshole. :-t

I'm not really sure how to prevent things like this...maybe from now on make it mandatory for each of us to put our name in some form on the graphics...something which I don't really tend to do...

And this is off topic, but maybe we should establish a rule for requesting graphics...like 50 posts for a logo and 100 for a sig, or something like that.

I thought I was fed up when people were either requesting too much or not using my sigs...but this is just horrible.

"Unique graphics"...ha.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:04 pm

hmmm, i too remember you making this, and yes we should put a sig of our own within our sigs, so it dont get taken, man that really sucks.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby leal72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:04 pm

I looked at their message board and the only reason they haven't done the same with the football shield I made is that the NFL said it ressembled the NFL shield.
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:06 pm

you need to sumtin, but im not sure what, and ya, we shou;d put a limit on what you can ask for with how many posts, ie: 200 for sig, etc., unless of course a dedicated cafe member knows this person really well.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby leal72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:10 pm

my graphics program has a "watermark" deal but I never use it. I'm wondering if it's possible to digitally encoded some type of copyright type deal and no matter how many times you change the file name it remains with the image.
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:18 pm

some people really have nerve. this kinda crap is one the reasons i put my name on my stuff. its sad that just a few idiots ruin things for everyone else. i just tend to not make stuff for things that are meant for outside the forum. ive noticed guys with 3 posts getting logos and such made for other sites and thats the last you ever see of them. if thats your thing..thats cool..but i prefer to help patrons of this site instead. but just like anything else there will always be those pieces of work that abuse the system.

thats sucks what happened leal....i would be ticked. that was a sweet logo you made ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Dude, that sucks. Not sure if there's anything you can do but I would maybe look into it and find out for sure.

Funny thing though, if you click on an item and go to view it larger, this a-hole has watermarked the word "Sample" over the image so noone can "re-steal" it...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby leal72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:48 pm

any idea where to start?
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests