Graphics question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Graphics question

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 pm

leal72 wrote:any idea where to start?

Dude, I don't really know... maybe a graphics or legal forum out there somewhere... they may not be able to help you but could at least maybe let you know if you have a leg to stand on or where you can go for help. Good luck and keep us posted, we're with you all the way.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:27 pm

Just outta curiousity have you called them to bitch? I don't know what it would get you though.

That stinks Leal. Big time. :-t

I wouldn't know where to start..Do you have any friends or relatives or anyone to give you free legal advice at all on it? That might be a way to step forward with it.

If nothing else someone to bounce it off of? I will see what I can find out.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Have you contacted them? Thats the first thing to do. If that doesnt go well, then inform him you will be contacting YOUR lawyer and hang up. Make sure you let them have a return Tel# or email address.

Then you can either forget about it or go ahead and get some legal help.

What if any exchanges between you and him do you have regarding the design of the logo, did you exchange emails etc?

The other thing to bear in mind is that he may not be making much if anything from the venture at this point, though the design is really nice and could take off.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:08 pm

First thing Leal - this sucks big time and it was nasty of them to do it.

Second - the cafepress has all of the Cafe Gear. I don't know if menyak knows the people over there but he certainly has contacts and you should shoot him a PM about it.

Last - yes you can definitely take legal action. Your creation is intellectual property that they are not allowed to use without your permission. You made it for the guy so that might be interpreted as you giving away licence to use it. Most likely though you only gave him the right to use it privately but not to distribute it to others. Intellectual property is not my speciality but this seems right.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:00 pm

Dang Man thats horrid, I would contact them and make sure you sound VERY serious (mentioning you will take legal action, etc.). Yeah i agree with Mookie that you should talk to menyak he would no more than us.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:10 pm

Yea, there's not a whole bunch you can do besides puttin this guy on your personal hit list.

If you decide legal action, it would cost you more $$ up front and probably some loop hole screw u over.

You could always notify CafePress and tell them he is selling copyrighted material and you "may" be considering legal action against them if it isn't taken off. Not telling you to Lie or threaten anyone, but it might just work :-/
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby leal72 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 pm

I did find his email on the website so I'm going to try that just not sure how to phrase the email so I don't sound like a crying biotch.
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 am

Damn this is insane and it totally sucks!!! :-t

I think you are totally screwed though...

My girlfriend is studying to be a lawyer and she also works for one.. If you want I can have her talk to her about it a little and see what she thinks.. it would be free advice anyway even though it isn't her lawyers specialty.... PM and let me know .. also give me the link to the original request if you can find it

Sorry for the late response but I just got home.. let me know
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:46 am

Jiminy Crimas!!!

I am not sure what you can do about this leal but there is probably something, just depends on how far you want to go with it...

Remember a couple of years back the Ravens got sued by some dude who said their logo looked like his work and he won? Can you find the original post/email where the focker asked for the logo? Was it through this site?

I know that patent infringement is a tough case to prove (worked for 3 years for a promotional items company that had a patent on a certain style of baseball cap) and I am assuming that something like this would be too. If you can find anyone to help you out with legal advice I would recommend you do so because if you CAN sue him and you win you could get something like seizure of all his stock with your logo on it (which you could in turn resell) - that's what happened in the few cases where my boss sued for the patent deal at least...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby leal72 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:47 am

I sent you a PM Superman

Thanks
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Award-Winning Graphics Expert