Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud?

Postby sleepers3 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:33 pm

Stallworth ruined me last season.But I really think he will have a good season this year.I think he will have min.900 yards.Any thoughts?
Dominick Davis 1500 yards you watch!!!!
sleepers3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud?

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:45 pm

sleepers3 wrote:Stallworth ruined me last season.But I really think he will have a good season this year.I think he will have min.900 yards.Any thoughts?

900 yards still isn't a "stud" year in my book. :-/ He'd have to hit over 1000 and get at least 6-7 TD's to be startable status.

There are only a few #2 WR's that are even worth starting in fantasy. I really don't think Stallworth will be a decent fantasy player unless/until Horn retires.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:50 pm

the saints offense is still unreliable, and stallworth is a microcosm of the saints offense. he'll have some good weeks sandwiched in there this season. probably more than the last few years, looks like he might be in good shape.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby benjapage » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:01 pm

no, holmes, i'm with you. i think stallworth will step up this year--barring injury, obviously. no one doubts his talent.

i also disagree with mercer boy's assessment that there are only a few #2wr worth starting. it depends on your league's scoring and starting requirements (we start 3), but i think these #2wr are all worth starting:
bruce
housh
boldin
wayne
evans
randle el
lelie (or is it rod smith?)
charles rogers
michael clayton

but i think stallworth will soon justify consistent starts in a fantasy line-up.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:20 pm

benjapage wrote:i also disagree with mercer boy's assessment that there are only a few #2wr worth starting. it depends on your league's scoring and starting requirements (we start 3), but i think these #2wr are all worth starting:
bruce
housh
boldin
wayne
evans
randle el
charles rogers
michael clayton

but i think stallworth will soon justify consistent starts in a fantasy line-up.

b

You named 9 #2's. There are 32 teams in the NFL. That means 23 of them are not startable. Hence, only a few are. :-)

I wouldn't be so quick to put Rogers in that list either...he hasn't done anything so far this year and is hurt again.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:25 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
benjapage wrote:i also disagree with mercer boy's assessment that there are only a few #2wr worth starting. it depends on your league's scoring and starting requirements (we start 3), but i think these #2wr are all worth starting:
bruce
housh
boldin
wayne
evans
randle el
charles rogers
michael clayton

b

You named 9 #2's. There are 32 teams in the NFL. That means 23 of them are not startable. Hence, only a few are. :-)

I wouldn't be so quick to put Rogers in that list either...he hasn't done anything so far this year and is hurt again.

I agree. I'm gettin worried about him having any impact at all. :-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
bruce
housh
boldin
wayne
evans
randle el
charles rogers
michael clayton

b

Agreed Mercer. also, isn't Clayton #1 in Tampa? and I wouldn't call Evans an every week starter either with the way the Bills' Offense is playing. That takes us down to 6 (and I think Housh is a bit of a reach even as well as the Bungles have played the first two weeks.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 pm

Clayton and Galloway seem to be co number 1s. Griese doesnt seem to favor either of them. I would also say that Evans, and Rogers are not starters in fantasy. At least i hope not!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Evans was startable last year but has proved nothing yet this year. I think if Lossman can find his game Evans will be a good start again but untill then he isn't. It really isn't Evans fault that hes fallen this year.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:49 pm

He's gotta hang onto the ball first!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk