Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dante Stallworth-Finally becomes a stud or still a dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:46 am

The problem with Stallworth isn't potential explosiveness, it's consistency. He's one of those guys who will put up 120 & a score one week, then get you 10 dropped balls & 20 yards the next. You can put up big weeks when he hits, but you can't build a championship team with him IMO.

I'm sure there are people that will disagree with me, but at the wideout spot I'd much rather have reliable production than sporadic high fantasy points.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:37 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
benjapage wrote:i also disagree with mercer boy's assessment that there are only a few #2wr worth starting. it depends on your league's scoring and starting requirements (we start 3), but i think these #2wr are all worth starting:
bruce
housh
boldin
wayne
evans
randle el
lelie (or is it rod smith?)
charles rogers
michael clayton

but i think stallworth will soon justify consistent starts in a fantasy line-up.

b

You named 9 #2's. There are 32 teams in the NFL. That means 23 of them are not startable. Hence, only a few are. :-)

I wouldn't be so quick to put Rogers in that list either...he hasn't done anything so far this year and is hurt again.

bah! 9 is more than a few. it's between 3 and 5. any more than that is at least several. but that's just semantics. the truth is, there are a lot of 'em that haven't even surfaced. is michael clayton the #1? guess that makes galloway the #2. he's worth starting. charles rogers is certainly worth starting when healthy.

ferguson might even be worth starting, while we're at it. and that's before javon walker's injury, when driver was inarguably a good start.

back to donte. how much of his inconsistency can be placed on various knicks, bruises, and strains? i should say quite a bit. if he's healthy, he'll produce. that's my call, anyway.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Retet » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:40 am

I think the answer to this question: "Is D. Stallworth a stud or dud?" is the same as it always has been -- Sometimes he's a stud, sometimes a dud -- when you start him, cross your fingers, pick up a lucky penny and make a wish.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:19 am

KFFL is reporting that Donte' Stallworth will handle punt returns with the loss of Michael Lewis (knee). Stallworth will also be involved on kickoff returns, joining RB Aaron Stecker as the primary return men.

I'm in a league that awards one point per every 20 return yards, and after losing Javon Walker, my WR corp is thin. So I'm going with Stallworth until I have a better option - his potential from receiving yardage and return yardage could be significant.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:03 am

Still a dud.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk