Droughns=nice sleeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Droughns=nice sleeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:16 am

I drafted Droughns late in my deep money league.

Considering I was stupid and drafted 3 RBs with a Week 5 Bye (Holmes, Barber, and Jordan), Droughns will fill in nicely!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Heavyg25 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:36 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I would be surpised that they would look at trading Suggs, but from the Browns brass standpoint, he probably is more marketable than Green who is not exactly the posterboy for good behavior.

I still question if Suggs was healthy, would he be on the block and starting. Hard to say due to the ankle.

This could come back to get them. They would be possibly be sacrificing depth at a position they already have an injury at.

I completely agree and will be very suprised if Suggs is traded. I don't know why everyone is talking so highly of Droughns. Is it still left over from last year? To me, I haven't seen much to impress so far of Droughns. Especially not enough to say he is better than Suggs at this point. When he puts up several back to back 100+ yard games like Suggs did last year then we can start talking about the take over of Droughns.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:55 pm

How are people talking so highly on Suggs? The guy can't stay healthy.

Here's his YPC for each game:
1. 3.7
2. 2.7
3. 1.5
4. 5.2
5. 3.1
6. 2.1
7. 3.6
8. 5.0
9. 3.8
10. 5.0

He had three good games at the end of the year: 21 for 105 against SD, 38! for 143 and 2 fumbles, 26 for 131. No TDs in any of those three games. By the way, these games were against SD, Miami, and Houston.

I don't get the love that this guy gets. He simply can't stay healthy. If he was all-world when healthy, that's a different story...he's not. If Droughns can stay healthy and put up respectable numbers, the Browns brass should play him. Suggs is just an overhyped perpetual gimp.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:48 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:He had three good games at the end of the year: 21 for 105 against SD, 38! for 143 and 2 fumbles, 26 for 131. No TDs in any of those three games. By the way, these games were against SD, Miami, and Houston. .

Considering SD was in the top 3 or so for rushing Ds last year I would say that stat was a plus... The others are suspect of course but I wouldn't use a good game against a top 3 defense in a negative way if I were trying to prove a point...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:45 am

Lee Suggs is a talented RB. He's been injured and played for the Cleveland Brown's his entire career though. 99% of the teams in the NFL would give this guy a chance for the right price.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:48 am

Lee suggs is a talented RB in the wrong system. He doesn't get the tough yards that the browns need, and I think droughns will. Lee suggs would do well with a pro bowl tackle and a good O-line. Better than droughns would, but since CLE is no where close to that droughns is the better option.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:01 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:How are people talking so highly on Suggs? The guy can't stay healthy.

1. 3.7
2. 2.7
3. 1.5
4. 5.2
5. 3.1
6. 2.1
7. 3.6
8. 5.0
9. 3.8
10. 5.0

He had three good games at the end of the year: 21 for 105 against SD, 38! for 143 and 2 fumbles, 26 for 131. No TDs in any of those three games. By the way, these games were against SD, Miami, and Houston.

I don't get the love that this guy gets. He simply can't stay healthy. If he was all-world when healthy, that's a different story...he's not. If Droughns can stay healthy and put up respectable numbers, the Browns brass should play him. Suggs is just an overhyped perpetual gimp.

Droughns history isn't any better. He hasn't shown any reason to believe that his success last year wasn't because of the team he was on. Sure Suggs may have been injured a few times but it doesn't mean that he isn't the best back available. Fragile Freddy is a good example of this. Are you saying that Freddy shouldn't get any love because he gets injured alot? If anyone is overhyped, it is definately Droughns.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:20 am

Heavyg25 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:How are people talking so highly on Suggs? The guy can't stay healthy.

1. 3.7
2. 2.7
3. 1.5
4. 5.2
5. 3.1
6. 2.1
7. 3.6
8. 5.0
9. 3.8
10. 5.0

Droughns history isn't any better. He hasn't shown any reason to believe that his success last year wasn't because of the team he was on. Sure Suggs may have been injured a few times but it doesn't mean that he isn't the best back available. Fragile Freddy is a good example of this. Are you saying that Freddy shouldn't get any love because he gets injured alot? If anyone is overhyped, it is definately Droughns.

I agree with HeavyG here.

Reading a post that slams Suggs and praises Droughns is rather amuzing. Maybe its just me, but I have no faith in Droughns whatsoever.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk