Minn. Players only meeting - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Minn. Players only meeting

Moderator: Football Moderators

Minn. Players only meeting

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:13 am

I heard they had a "players only" meeting earlier this week but nothing more on it. Anyone hear anything? B4P? Is Tice on his way out?

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 am

I don't know what's funnier, that I was actually called out, or that I was actually the one to respond.

Here's what I know:
...If in fact there IS an Anti-Tice Cult, Michael Bennett is the founder. Michael Bennett despises Tice's inconsistancy with trusting him and Bennett would never resign if Tice remained Head Coach in 2006.
...The Players-Only meeting was put together by newcomer Fred Smoot. What the players are telling the media is "they are trying to work together to get out of their 0-2 funk".

Here's what I suspect:
...If Mike Tice loses to the New Orleans Saints, he will be fired.
...If Mike Tice is let go, the Vikings will place Defensive Coordinator Ted Cotrell as the interim Head Coach. I suspect Teddy to do a better job than Tice and potentially get a head coaching contract in 2006 somewhere outside of MN.
...Owner Zygi Wilf reads the newspaper. If it wasn't the players' intent to work without Tice, that's the message they conveyed. Tice is now even lower on Zygi's "I Love You" list now.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:24 am

I am not that close to the MIN situation, but often players will hold a meeting if they feel they are playing poorly and that is the problem, not necessarily because they are upset with the coach. I have seen players meetings where they come out fired up in favor of the coach for that matter. Tough to imagine anybody fired up about Tice, though.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:25 am

Thanks B4P. I knew how much you loved Tice.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:28 am

I agree with Goatwhacker. Players meetings are rarely held to overthrow the coach. Players just arent like that. They believe they are the reason they are losing. To be honest, they are right. Tice didnt make Bennett fumble twice or Culpepper throw 5 picks. Sure he isnt a great coach or anything but I am willing to bet the players are placing the blame solely on themselves.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Minn. Players only meeting

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:25 am

Pete123444 wrote:I heard they had a "players only" meeting earlier this week but nothing more on it. Anyone hear anything? B4P? Is Tice on his way out?

They are trying to figure out where to bury the body.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Re: Minn. Players only meeting

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:26 am

Azrael wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:I heard they had a "players only" meeting earlier this week but nothing more on it. Anyone hear anything? B4P? Is Tice on his way out?

They are trying to figure out where to bury the body.

LoL

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:53 am

portisfan24 wrote:I agree with Goatwhacker. Players meetings are rarely held to overthrow the coach. Players just arent like that. They believe they are the reason they are losing. To be honest, they are right. Tice didnt make Bennett fumble twice or Culpepper throw 5 picks. Sure he isnt a great coach or anything but I am willing to bet the players are placing the blame solely on themselves.

With that being said, with the way this team has been underachieving over the past 4 years, a "rarely" is often enough for it to be a consideration here.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Fred Smoot "We have to get this team heading in the right direction, we're not losers!@#!@#!"

Mice Tice "Duh, is this the bathroom? duuuuuh"
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:34 pm

I wonder if they sat down and watched that clip FB posted yesterday?

You know - the one where Culpepper had over 5 seconds to throw the ball and had at least 3 open targets, but took the sack anyway.

I bet Tice was telling him in hs ear not to throw it. Yeah thats the ticket - its always Tice's fault... he's a moron.

:-?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk