Minn. Players only meeting - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Minn. Players only meeting

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:38 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I wonder if they sat down and watched that clip FB posted yesterday?

You know - the one where Culpepper had over 5 seconds to throw the ball and had at least 3 open targets, but took the sack anyway.

I bet Tice was telling him in hs ear not to throw it. Yeah thats the ticket - its always Tice's fault... he's a moron.

:-?

Your QB is still Joe Harrington. You have NO room to talk.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:50 pm

Thats great - like the team I root for has anything to do with your sucky QB.
:-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:08 pm

What a difference a year makes!

Go Bucs!!! ;-D
Last edited by GreatestShowOnEarth on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:09 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Go Bucs!!! ;-D

what the hell.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mudd » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:19 pm

What I can't understand is why Tice is still there. What exactly has he proven except his ineptitude as a head coach?
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:21 pm

Tice isn't the only problem for the Vikings, but even last year when they were one of the more dangerous NFC teams, Tice was a liability. When you're going to potentially face teams with great coaches like Andy Reid, Bill Parcells, John Fox, having Tice at the helm is a disadvantage. Simply put, there are far superior coaching choices out there, and the management owes it to their players to get a coach who isn't a liability come playoffs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mudd » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:27 pm

maddog60 wrote:Tice isn't the only problem for the Vikings, but even last year when they were one of the more dangerous NFC teams, Tice was a liability. When you're going to potentially face teams with great coaches like Andy Reid, Bill Parcells, John Fox, having Tice at the helm is a disadvantage. Simply put, there are far superior coaching choices out there, and the management owes it to their players to get a coach who isn't a liability come playoffs.

[Jim Mora, Sr voice]PLAAAAAYOFFS?!?!?![/Jim Mora, Sr voice]

Actually they still have a chance, but only b/c they rest of the teams in their division are terrible.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:49 pm

Mudd wrote:[Jim Mora, Sr voice]PLAAAAAYOFFS?!?!?![/Jim Mora, Sr voice]

He's on a show, I can't remember which, and every time he says playoffs, I laugh.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:33 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I wonder if they sat down and watched that clip FB posted yesterday?

You know - the one where Culpepper had over 5 seconds to throw the ball and had at least 3 open targets, but took the sack anyway.

I bet Tice was telling him in hs ear not to throw it. Yeah thats the ticket - its always Tice's fault... he's a moron.

:-?

Richard Seymour ransomed NE for $1 million before the season and they paid it. Matt Birk said he was willing to play injured for $1 million upfront and he got denied.

Minnesota has no heart, no guts, and most importantly no brain. That kinda stuff you can absolutely blame on the head coach IMO. He doesn't inspire the heart, he doesn't have teach the guts, and he sure as hell doesn't bring he brains. What exactly does Tice do anyways? I'm guessing that little stubby pencil he has in his ear all the time is do to crossword puzzles because he can't think of any better way to prepare for opponents during the week.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:20 am

As stupid as we all know the Vikes are, can you really fault them for not paying Birk to play injured. Sure, in hindsight we can now see that he would have helpd immensely, but ordinarily they have done pretty well with the plug and play technique. Most importantly, Birk is the best center in the game and if you shell out a million up front and cut his career short in the process you are in way worse shape than they currently are.

Oh, and as to the point of this thread... you think the meeting was to hold a going away party for Michael Bennett. I don't. :,-(
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk