Sneaky play of the week.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sneaky play of the week....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sneaky play of the week....

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:14 am

I think my sneaky play of the week in week 3 is Samie Parker v. Denver....

Denver's run defense is looking pretty darn good with that linebacker crew, and Champ Bailey will most likely spend the majority of his day covering Eddie Kennison... If the Chiefs have to go to the air, I look for Gonzo and Parker to have pretty good days... Gonzo is a must start from week-to-week, even though he's struggled early, but I think most Parker owners will be hesitant to get him in the game just yet.... I think this week looks pretty good for the kid... He's coming off a pretty good day against Oakland, and I think Green may have gained some confidence in him... Now seems like as good a time as any to get him in your line-ups if you need a bye week fill-in at WR.....

Just a thought....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:18 am

That's a nifty little nugget.
What do you think about Robert Ferguson. Seems Favre likes to chuck him the ball, would he be considered a sneaky play.?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:20 am

Redskins Win wrote:That's a nifty little nugget.
What do you think about Robert Ferguson. Seems Favre likes to chuck him the ball, would he be considered a sneaky play.?

That's another one that I think looks good.... Seems to me like Favre and Company will be playing from behind.... Driver draws Ronde Barber this week, which might make it tough for Favre to get it to his "go-to-guy." Ferguson could be the recipient of some nice looks this week.... He might also make a very good bye week filler...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:32 am

Plinds - I dont think we agree on Ronde Barber. Maybe Im wrong, but I just dont see him as a CB that I should be concerned that my fantasy players are going to be covered by.

Also - Im sure you remember that last yr Champ covered Gonzo exclusivley in their matchups. Why do you think that wont happen again this yr? Do you think Denver sees Kennison as a bigger threat now, or was it something your read?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:37 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Also - Im sure you remember that last yr Champ covered Gonzo exclusivley in their matchups. Why do you think that wont happen again this yr? Do you think Denver sees Kennison as a bigger threat now, or was it something your read?

Most things I have read have Bailey covering Kennison.... I think that might be for a combination of reasons.... Gonzo's slow start might be one of those reasons, but more than that, I think Denver has developed a lot more confidence in their linebackers than they had last year, AND Kennison burned Denver bad in December last year.... 101 yards and 2 TD's....

Remember when I was considering starting Kennison over Rudi in the flex spot of a PPR league, yesterday? Well, I did a lot of research, and it seems like the consensus opinion is that Kennison will draw Bailey in this one....

Have you read differently?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:45 am

No - I havent read anything at all about it actually.

It seems logical that DEN would feel more confident to allow their LBers to take on Gonzo over last yrs crew.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:47 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:No - I havent read anything at all about it actually.

It seems logical that DEN would feel more confident to allow their LBers to take on Gonzo over last yrs crew.

Also, I didn't get to watch the SD / DEN game this past week, but I'm pretty sure the Broncos had Bailey on McCardell in that one.... Seems to me like if they were going to put Bailey on a tightend, they would have had him on Gates all last week.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:18 am

Nice post Plindsey. And it's kewl to see two of the most knowledgable cafeers swappin thoughts.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:23 pm

I like the Samie Parker call a lot.

Denver has had a lot of success against KC at home, has a history of shutting down Gonzo, and I think KC is forced to pass at some point in this game. Parker stepped up and made some big plays last week, seems like the hot hand right now.

---

Another sneaky play this week (although maybe not because of his long TD on Monday night) is Terry Glenn.

SF is notorious for giving up big plays due to their secondary, and Glenn is the only legit big play threat on Dallas' offense. I see him scoring a long touchdown in this one, good bet for 100/1 type statline.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby gablefan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Another one that I think will get some attention is D Branch @ the Steelers. In the AFC Championship game he burned them twice for big gains and at least one TD. I know the Steelers have a great D, but the secondary has lapses from time to time, also I think NE will be playing from behind late in the game.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk