Sneaky play of the week.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sneaky play of the week....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:21 pm

I started Kennison last year when they played and im almost 100% positive Bailey covered him. I remember because I think it was like the second play when Kennison burned him for a TD.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:23 pm

well, I wouldn't exactly call glenn sneaky, as he scored a Long Td on that trick play last week, but maybe a decent start.

As for a personal sneaky play, I gotta go with Jermaine Wiggins here. Dude got burned by penalties in week 1 and I think he absolutely explodes this week on NO. While McKenzie of NO didn't match up well at all against a speedy steve smith, I think that he will cover Burleson (if he plays) head to toe as Burly really isn't that fast and is more of a route running over the middle guy. Jermaine for 2 TDs this weekend as CPepp's second option.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:51 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I started Kennison last year when they played and im almost 100% positive Bailey covered him. I remember because I think it was like the second play when Kennison burned him for a TD.

Which game? I'm not sure if I caught the second game, but I know for a fact Bailey had Gonzo in the opener....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:56 pm

That was the second game, as Larry Johnson posted nice stats in that one as well. Both he and Blaylock had TDs and Kennison burned Champ. But champ got burned a lot last year, at least more than normal on deep routes (Jerry Porter, Chad Johnson come to mind.)
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:56 pm

yeah i remember that Bailey covered him at LEAST one game. It was hyped up quite a bit.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:58 pm

Also how you compare Bobby Engram and Samie Parker? Which one has the better value right now? Which one do you think has bigger potential value. im really split on this one. Engram has put up nice yardage totals but Jurevicous seems to be getting all the TDs.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:02 pm

Tough call.... Very similar situation.... What makes the difference to me is the addition of Peter Warrick..... I want to see how the presence of Warrick will impact the depth chart before I start getting too excited over Engram....

That said, I think Parker is a good play THIS week... I am in no way touting him as the second coming of Houshmanzadeh....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:13 am

Pete123444 wrote:Nice post Plindsey. And it's kewl to see two of the most knowledgable cafeers swappin thoughts.

Pete, I am sure I speak for us all when I say that I never again want to see a 50+ year old man use the word "kewl" - you're not a teen like Tiki or Mtr that can use stupid lingo like this and get away with it... ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:12 am

Chris Perry in flex/ppc/12+team leagues. He could wind up essentially being the third option in the passing game this weekend with a few of cinci's guys banged up. And while it is against a good D, you can be sure 3 defenders are focussed on TJ and Goldmouth at all times. How's that for sneaky?
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:48 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:Nice post Plindsey. And it's kewl to see two of the most knowledgable cafeers swappin thoughts.

Pete, I am sure I speak for us all when I say that I never again want to see a 50+ year old man use the word "kewl" - you're not a teen like Tiki or Mtr that can use stupid lingo like this and get away with it... ;-7

hahaha sorry but is is nice to see.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk