Sneaky play of the week.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sneaky play of the week....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:55 am

Parker is a solid play, but I wonder if Green might not focus more on his favs Gonzo and Kennison if he is forced to air it out.

I like Travis Taylor to be a sneaky play this week. He was targeted alot after Burleson was sidelined. It doesn't look as if Burleson will return anytime soon and the Saints are a favorable match-up. Heck, anyone that starts that game is a good play.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:02 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:No - I havent read anything at all about it actually.

It seems logical that DEN would feel more confident to allow their LBers to take on Gonzo over last yrs crew.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the LBers were responsible for Gonzo for the majority of the snaps in the second game last year. Champ was on him for the most part in game 1, but it was mainly DJ Williams covering him in the second matchup. Denver really couldn't really expect DJ to step up in week 1 as a rookie OLB versus the best TE in the game.... so they stuck Champ on him by default.

DJ is a great athlete, more so than a pure LB(he didn't play LB until his first year in college), and now he has an extra years worth of experience in the system. I don't think Denver will need to exclusively lock up Champ on Gonzo, or even Kennison for that matter, but I expect Samie Parker to get the majority of Lenny Walls. Denver can be very flexible in coverage this year simply because their LB corps are very good.

Gonzo Stats playing at Mile High:
2004- 2/17/0
2003- 6/73/0
2002- 4/58/0
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:52 am

Kensat30 wrote:Gonzo Stats playing at Mile High:
2004- 2/17/0

Mile High? ;-)

Thanks for the info, Kensat.... That's just what I wanted to hear.... Parker is sounding like a good play to me this week....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smee » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:56 am

How about E. Conwell (TE, NO) vs the Vikings this week? They don't have the line backers to cover any TE.

I'll guess he gets 50 and a TD.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:41 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Also how you compare Bobby Engram and Samie Parker? Which one has the better value right now? Which one do you think has bigger potential value. im really split on this one. Engram has put up nice yardage totals but Jurevicous seems to be getting all the TDs.

I have the same dilemma in a league because of Andre Johnson's bye week.

The league gives .5 for each reception so I'm leaning towards Engram....the Seahawks always play so well at home also. Parker doesn't get enough passes thrown his way in that offense and is always dropping balls.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:46 pm

found this on fanball today.....

Chiefs: Gonzo may draw Champ
09/23/05 10:00 AM
THE NEWS
As was the case a year ago, Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez may see his fair share of coverage from Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey in Monday night's AFC West showdown. "I'm not going to give you the game plan or anything, but it's possible I could run into him throughout the course of the game," Bailey told the Kansas City Star. Gonzalez recorded only six catches for 61 yards in two games against Denver last year.
Our View
Bailey's lockdown coverage on Gonzo explains how Eddie Kennison got off for 202 yards and two scores against the Broncos last year. No matter who's covering Gonzalez, you're not going to bench him, so this is essentially good news for those hoping to get digits from Kennison this week.

take it for what its worth. doesnt really say much.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:36 pm

Redskins Win wrote:That's a nifty little nugget.
What do you think about Robert Ferguson. Seems Favre likes to chuck him the ball, would he be considered a sneaky play.?
I don't like Ferguson here at all. The Bucs have one of the best pass defenses in the league and two of the better CBs in the league as well in Barber/Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised to see either lock down Ferguson who has yet to live up to expectations. The wild card in this game could be rookie T. Murphy. He's a nice sized target with speed. He started coming on and getting looks late in the game last week. I would rather try my lot there.

Parker is a nice play to be sure this week. For that matter, Kennison and both DEN WRs make good plays too. The last few games between these two at Mile High have been some nice aerial battles. I really see no reason why this won't continue this week.

Don't forget about Joey Galloway v. GB this week either.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:31 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:found this on fanball today.....

Chiefs: Gonzo may draw Champ
09/23/05 10:00 AM
THE NEWS
As was the case a year ago, Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez may see his fair share of coverage from Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey in Monday night's AFC West showdown. "I'm not going to give you the game plan or anything, but it's possible I could run into him throughout the course of the game," Bailey told the Kansas City Star. Gonzalez recorded only six catches for 61 yards in two games against Denver last year.
Our View
Bailey's lockdown coverage on Gonzo explains how Eddie Kennison got off for 202 yards and two scores against the Broncos last year. No matter who's covering Gonzalez, you're not going to bench him, so this is essentially good news for those hoping to get digits from Kennison this week.

take it for what its worth. doesnt really say much.

I dunno, I watched the SD-DEN game last week, and you would think if DEN was thinkin' Champ on the Stud TE they would have had him on Gates (and if he was, he didn't do so well...6 or 7 catches for 80+ yards for a Rusty Gate(s)). I gotta think that one week soon Gonzo's gonna go off. (I'm just glad it wasn't last week :-D ).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby chchelse » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:52 pm

MadScott wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:That's a nifty little nugget.
What do you think about Robert Ferguson. Seems Favre likes to chuck him the ball, would he be considered a sneaky play.?
I don't like Ferguson here at all. The Bucs have one of the best pass defenses in the league and two of the better CBs in the league as well in Barber/Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised to see either lock down Ferguson who has yet to live up to expectations. The wild card in this game could be rookie T. Murphy. He's a nice sized target with speed. He started coming on and getting looks late in the game last week. I would rather try my lot there.

Parker is a nice play to be sure this week. For that matter, Kennison and both DEN WRs make good plays too. The last few games between these two at Mile High have been some nice aerial battles. I really see no reason why this won't continue this week.

Don't forget about Joey Galloway v. GB this week either.

I agree on Galloway this weekend. He averaged 60 yds and a TD over the last 5 games last year and put up 97yds against the Vikes before getting no catches last week against the Bills. Clayton should draw Al Harris meaning Galloway will get Thomas [held out of practice this week do to a concussion (he got it last Sunday and said this was why Edwards was able to walk 80 yds down the sideline last week)] or possibly Carrol. Either way it should be a good match-up for Galloway. I picked him up for my 3rd WR slot this week. I'll say 4 catches for 80 yds and possibly a TD.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby OUT2WIN » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:18 pm

Taylor is probably the best option. I can't believe in one of my leagues somebody actually dropped him. Saints DB's aren't all that great, and I think Minnesota rebounds at home this week. TT has already been named the #1 in Minnesota and will be their most consisten .

Anyone against TB's D is not a good option. I am relegating Ferguson to my bench. There won't be anyone CB covering anyone as TB plays a lot of cover 2. They don't really use the man-to-man coverage like other defensive schemes. It is a defensive scheme that has worked well in the 1st 2 weeks of the season.

Gonzo historically plays poorly against Denver's D and Kennison always plays well. I am not so sure you can depend on a #2 wr w/ limited experience because KC will run the ball a lot in this game because their Defense will keep Denver's inconsistent offense off the field.

I also agree with either Dallas WR drawing a great match-up this week. Start either of these guys with confidence if you have bye week troubles or are week at wr.

Galloway is not a great start IMO. There just isn't any indication that he will perform consistently as TB turns to a run-orriented offense. If anyone from TB D is a sneaky start it would be Alex Smith or A. Becht. Look what Heiden and Pollard did in GB 1st 2 games.

Start Wiggins if you normally would.
"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman
OUT2WIN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk