Sneaky play of the week.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sneaky play of the week....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Birderdude » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:55 pm

I have a team that is absolutely stacked at WR. Moss, TO, Branch are my regular starters with Parker as my #4 WR. I had'nt even considered starting Sammie over Branch (@ Pitt) until I read this thread. Is the feeling on Sammie strong enough that I should start him over Branch?
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OUT2WIN » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:59 pm

Birderdude wrote:I have a team that is absolutely stacked at WR. Moss, TO, Branch are my regular starters with Parker as my #4 WR. I had'nt even considered starting Sammie over Branch (@ Pitt) until I read this thread. Is the feeling on Sammie strong enough that I should start him over Branch?

Pittsburgh's defense is suceptible to the pass. I would go with Branch as New England could fall behind on the road because of inability to run ball on that Pitt front 7.
"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman
OUT2WIN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:25 pm

OUT2WIN wrote:
Birderdude wrote:I have a team that is absolutely stacked at WR. Moss, TO, Branch are my regular starters with Parker as my #4 WR. I had'nt even considered starting Sammie over Branch (@ Pitt) until I read this thread. Is the feeling on Sammie strong enough that I should start him over Branch?

Pittsburgh's defense is suceptible to the pass. I would go with Branch as New England could fall behind on the road because of inability to run ball on that Pitt front 7.

Pit was the 4th pass D last year and didn't lose anyone on D. As a matter of fact, Taylor, Colclough, and Palamalu all have a year more experience in that system. Just curious what do you have to support this statement?

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby OUT2WIN » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:49 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
OUT2WIN wrote:

Pit was the 4th pass D last year and didn't lose anyone on D. As a matter of fact, Taylor, Colclough, and Palamalu all have a year more experience in that system. Just curious what do you have to support this statement?

Just by the fact that Branch had 4 catches and 116 yards last time they met in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (and they were in Pittsburgh).
"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman
OUT2WIN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby OUT2WIN » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:53 pm

OUT2WIN wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
OUT2WIN wrote:

Just by the fact that Branch had 4 catches and 116 yards last time they met in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (and they were in Pittsburgh).

In addition why do you mention Cuclough and Ike Taylor? Aren't Townsend and Williams the starting CB's?

Shuttin' down Houston and Tenn are nothin' to brag about. Guess we can wait and see who scores more between Sammy and Branch this weekend.
-Joe Theisman
OUT2WIN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stoner420 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:41 pm

where does parker rank this week vs chambers and muhammad?
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk