t-jones + l-toefield + l-jordan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

t-jones + l-toefield + l-jordan

Moderator: Football Moderators

t-jones + l-toefield + l-jordan

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:27 am

rank thomas jones, toefield and lamont jordan in terms of how likely each is to blow it up this season.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:30 am

I think it depends what you're looking for & luck.

1) Thomas Jones - seems to be the only one who can play himself into a lineup without having to wait for an injury.
2) L.Jordan - he'll get some carries cause the Jets are high on high for the future, but you're basically just rooting for a C.Martin injury
3) L.Toefield - perhaps the best actual RB from this situation, and Fred Taylor is the most likely starter in the league to get injured. But the Jags just picked up Fuamatu-Maa-la-la-ma. Does that cut into Toefield's carries if he gets the chance.

So ...
1) If you're actually looking for a guy to play now and these were the last three RBs left in your league: Jones, Jordan, LT
2) If you're stashing a guy on a deep bench, you're looking for pure upside: LT, Jordan, Jones
3) If you're stashing a guy on a deep bench, and Fu seems to be in Jax's mix a little bit: Jordon, LT, Jones.

Did I raise more questions than I answered?
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:53 am

yeah, it's a bunch of questions. i think i'm more tuned into upside. it occurred to me that t-jones is not ever going to be the sole back in tampa. that's just not good for fantasy. toefield might, and jordan might. toefield is the number two, despite the mflamfalmfalfalfa guy's presence and he backs up fred "fragile" taylor. jordan is already getting playing time behind a less-fragile c-mart.

close between those two, i think.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:43 pm

It's all about upside. I've never seen Toefield actually play so I'm just another sheep buying the hype there - Jordan looked terrific when he played last year. That being said - I have Toefield on my roster and not Jordan, so there you go.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk