Bobby Engram - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bobby Engram

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bobby Engram

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Hes sorta been a surprise this year. No TDs but hes got 150 some total recieving yards in to games. I picked him up and was wondering what everyone thought of him. Will he keep the stellar performance up? I probably will be starting him this week against the cards and am expecting 60 or 70 yards from him.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:39 pm

I think he'll slowly be phased out of the system this year. Warrick and Jurevicious will probably have their roles. (warrick in middle of the field between the 20s and jurevicious coming in in the red zone. I'd expect warrick to take over the no. 2 spot but be pulled in the redzone. Engram will play the no. 3 role for most of the year, starting in a few weeks I predict as he is far less talented than the other two.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:41 pm

I picked him up too. He's had 20 looks or so in 2 games. Hasselbeck really seems to be splitting looks evenly between D-Jax and him. I figure he'll match what Koren Robinson did a couple years ago. 1,200 yards 6 TDs.

I have CJ, Horn, Kennison, S Moss and Engram. CJ and Horn are every week must starts and I'll play matchups with Kennison S Moss and Engram. This week, I'm playing Engram against Arizona.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:44 pm

skibrett why do you believe that warrick will be able to cut it in Seattle but not in Cincy? Do you have any info that i have not seen on the seattle recieving corps? just trying to stimulate discussion not trying to say your wrong.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:54 pm

Warrick always could cut it in Cincy, but had severe injury problems last year. Broke his shin last year, and then tried to play with it and ended up posting horrible games. Then he was put on IR, which he should have been from the beginning as it seems his shin was broken all along. 2003 he had 7 tds and 820 yards in 14 games started. He was improving steadily, but the injury along with TJ's improvement caused his release.

heres a little tidbit, but take it for what its worth: he's moving up.

cbs wrote:Warrick to be more involved

Peter Warrick, WR SEA

News: Seahawks WR Peter Warrick may play as a reserve receiver in Week 3 vs. Arizona.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:21 pm

Engram is a good No. 3 WR in a PPR league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:13 am

I picked him up as my replacement for Javon Walker...I know other Cafe guys who have done the same. Hass is spreading the ball around, and Engram had a decent year last year. I'm thinking he'll be a decent bye week dude when one of my starters is out. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mariner fan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:05 am

Actually, Engram is a great pick up. He's #2 in Seattle behind Jackson. He's a good end zone WR although not so far. I don't see Warrick playing that much. Primarily a punt returner for now.

Out!
Mariner fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wizbang » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:34 am

The previous two seasons (combined) Engram had scored 8 TDs on 88 catches which indicates that he was an option in the red zone. I do think Jurevicous will eat into his opportunities but I also thing HBeck has to be very happy with Engram right now. With all the drops DJax and Koren have had the past two year I doubt Seattle will screw with a guy who is an excellent posession receiver.

I think Jurevicous will keep Engram from being anything more than a decent #3 bye week fill-in but he's a guy (especially in PPR leagues) that you can play and be confident that he's score respectable points. With all the balls thrown his way (20 or so looks in 2 games) he will have a big week or two this year though it won't be the norm.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:12 pm

He will be like a stokley this year, unless your league is PPR, he will be worth a lol more.

This week he has a great chance to get a TD.

If he is on the waiver wire and you have the bench room he is worth pickin up ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Next

Return to Football Talk