Could Housh be the next Reggie Wayne ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Could Housh be the next Reggie Wayne ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:08 pm

He will have a great season, as long as they keep gettin him the ball at the right times, but i dont know about a wayne, wouldnt call him that for this year at least
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RubeRiot » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:24 pm

TJ will have a great year this year because of the double coverage CJ will see. He has the added value of being a great possession WR and gets a lot of looks (deep throws and short passes).
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cinderboy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:37 pm

I think Wayne really broke out last year. Some interesting stats:

Wayne
2003 - 68 receptions, 838 yds, 7 TD's
2004 - 77 receptions, 1,210 yds, 12 TD's

TJ Housh
2003 - injured
2004 - 73 receptions, 978 yds, 4 TD's

They both came into the league in 2001, but Wayne obviously went into a better system and Housh was injured in '03. Wayne had a nice improvement from '04 to '05. With the now improved situation in Cincy, what kind of improvement can we expect from Housh in '05? Say 1200 yds and 9 TD's? A bit optimistic, I agree. Also the Colts defense appears vastly improved this year so they won't be in a shootout every week. It would not surprise me to see Wayne's numbers come down a bit and end up pretty close to Housh's numbers. Housh is off to a good start, but as always, its not where you have been, rather where you are going. Baltimore and Blitzburgh twice will be tough, but if Chad is shut down maybe Housh is better target. Time will tell.

Nice article by the way...
Cinderboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby phunkadelic » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:38 am

Reggie Wayne has only had one really good year. I personally don't think he's likely to repeat that anytime soon.

Do I think Housh can have one really good year like Reggie's last year? Yeah, it's entirely possible, but I definitely wouldn't bank on it.

To those who drafted Housh, good call. He should reward you greatly as a #5, #4, or even #3 WR.

To those who drafted Wayne in the 4th round as your #1 WR, a real-life #2 WR should never be a #1 fantasy receiver, or IMO even a #2 fatansy receiver. Sorry.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:50 am

but will he outproduce Drew Bennett this week....that is the question....inquiring minds want to know
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:55 am

If the Bengals offense continues to improve then I think he is talented enough to be a season together similiar to what Wayne did last year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk