Will GONZO have his usual solid year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will GONZO have his usual solid year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:48 am

I believe he shoudl start picking it up eventually, there's just no way a player of his caliber on that team can be help down all season.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:30 am

Ironhorse75 wrote:There is an upside to these studs not producing early on.

It means 2 of their crappy games are already in the past. If they end up with a year like they typically put out, all we have to look forward to are good games. Good enough to round out these bad ones.

So if I flip a coin three times, and the first two are heads, then the last one has got to be tails, right?

Actually, it's still 50/50.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:36 am

Don't worry, Gonzo has been a top2 TE for the past 6 or 7 years. This includes the years where RBs were averaging more than 2 TDs per game for the entire season.. just like they have in the first 2 weeks of this year. Gonzo will get his, just like always.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:10 pm

He will blow up after this week I am hoping, don't expect much from Gonzo this week at all, he's going against champ bailey, and we all remember the 2 games against him last year.

This still doesnt mean u should sit him this week, start him regularly, dont expect big numbers though. ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:27 am

Ricky_Christ wrote:Normally the articles on Sportsline are pretty crappy, but there was actually a decent one about defenses prepping in the offseason to deal with the rise of the "elite" TEs, and that position's overall production so far this season.

While I don't consider that a big concern for Gates/Gonzo owners, it might be interesting food for thought when regarding the Witten/McM/Heap tier over the season...

Not preaching here (i.e., don't feel like arguing the point), but it's something to think about. Makes sense that as the TE spot becomes more offensively important, Ds are going to start scheming to prevent it.

Bring on the Rise of the Incredibly Inconsistent Hit-or-Miss Drive you friggin' Crazy #3 Wide Receivers! Oh Joy! Hooray!

Crap. :-P

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk