Commissioners Dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commissioners Dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioners Dilemma

Postby ChyBoy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:49 am

Question about a situation I have in a league. First of all this is a pay league and everybody in this league are friends. The problem is that 2 owners made a deal on Thursday. Owner1 traded JJ Arrington to owner2 for Michael Jenkins. The trade was offered through the website myfantasyleague and was accepted. I have the transaction logs to prove it. The problem is that owner1 had put Arrington on a waiver request to drop him the day before the trade. The waiver request was automatically processed 5 hours after the trade had been accepted. Even though he says that he changed the waiver request there is no logs to substantiate that. I would probably allow the trade, but in the rules I have a bylaw that states all trades must be conveyed to the commissioner. I want to be fair, but also want to follow the rules that are set forth. I don’t think the website emails me for pending trades and the 1 owner in the trade always emails me when he makes a trade, but didn’t this time. The owner that dropped Arrington has the 3 slot to pick up any free agents. The free agent priority list changes weekly no matter if you use your pick or not.

So should I allow the trade or should I suggest that he just pick the player back up?

Thanks for everybodys help.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:33 am

I would say that just by the fact that the trade went through substantiates his claim on the waiver issue. I mean, the trade happened first, so the waiver claim can't really be considered in my book. If this isn't a big deal, and you weren't going to stop it before, don't let something this nit-picky change your mind. That ruins leagues when issues this small affect someone's team.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:44 am

I agree, dont be a scrooge. Let it go through, there is no reason to pick out the little things to prevent them from doing a trade. I'm sure you would want the same done for you...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Heimholder » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:51 am

As a fellow commish, the advice I would give is to go by the book on this one and not allow the trade. You have to be careful with overriding the website, next thing you know you'll have owners saying "I really didn't mean to drop that kicker" or "I really meant to start Trent Dilfer this week", then you have to deal with the precedent you started. The only times I really override the website are obvious mistakes like an obvious scoring mistake (e.g. no points given for a FG, etc.). If everyone is friends they should understand your position easily.

- Coach Hog
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:20 am

So do you manually process all trades within a designated time or do you have it set for league vote?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChyBoy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:44 pm

I have it set, that I approve the trades after they have been made, as soon as I am notified, just to make sure there is no collusion.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:52 pm

I don't understand why you have a pending trade and drop that player your trading, durring the trading process. That just don't make no sense. I say bag the trade, leave Jj on the WW and make sure jenkins get's back to his original owner.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wideoutprospector12 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 pm

They are both waiver wire players at this point. I would give a warning to the players but then let it slide especially if it is a league with friends.
Smackdown Hotel Champion 2000, 2002, 2005
wideoutprospector12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk