LaMont Jordan starting soon?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LaMont Jordan starting soon??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:44 am

I know the Jets run-blocking was getting manhandled in the 4th quarter...

however Martin looked..well..he looked like he was a 35 year old running back. No zip. No zing. No flashes of speed. He looked like someone was behind him pushing him towards the line of scrimmage after the hand off. Much like a no-start car stalled in an intersection being pushed into the nearest driveway.

His time's coming.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:14 am

Jordan had 6 carries for 0 yards. Whereas Martin had 15 carries. It did look like they were using Jordan as a short yardage back but to me it didn't seem to work all that well. You can't be too happy after calling a time out on 3rd and 1 to get a play set up for Jordan and he can't get out of the backfield. Martin owners I wouldn't be too concerned with Jordan getting the job just yet but I would be upset about him losing carries to Jordan.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bolts801 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:00 am

I think it's going to be like Garner and gang of the Raiders. Martin will do all the work, and Jordan will come in and try to pound in for the score 3 times out of 5, or maybe more.

I had Garner last year and it flared my nostrils so much. Garner would rush or receive for 60 yards of the drive and then.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww crocket, or wheatly would come in for the score.. or whoever the heck it was
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:06 am

bolts801 wrote:I think it's going to be like Garner and gang of the Raiders. Martin will do all the work, and Jordan will come in and try to pound in for the score 3 times out of 5, or maybe more.

I had Garner last year and it flared my nostrils so much. Garner would rush or receive for 60 yards of the drive and then.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww crocket, or wheatly would come in for the score.. or whoever the heck it was

I think you hit the nail on the head...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:08 am

bolts801 wrote:I think it's going to be like Garner and gang of the Raiders. Martin will do all the work, and Jordan will come in and try to pound in for the score 3 times out of 5, or maybe more.

Yep, and the trend is growing around the NFL. It makes sense for an organization to take this appoach, but sucks for FF-Ballers. I could change the (fantasy) draft approach if it keeps growing as a trend, stopping some of those ridiculous "13 straight runningbacks taken" drafts.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:19 am

Ya, you are right! That trend sure is growing.

I also thinkg you're right about FF leagues might actually have to take this into consideration in the future on the scoring principles somehow.

Maybe make each 10, or 20 yards rushing/receiving a wee bit more valuable to neutrlalize this trend.

6 points per 10 yards or 20 would work. :)

Friendliness: %

Postby bolts801 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 am

but maybe only 6 points per 10 or 20 yards received or rushed on the RB position only.
Not receivers ofcourse

oops forgot to log in on previous post. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:31 am

Once again we see how the disease of micro-management is spreading like a wildfire throughout the NFL coaching ranks. Over specialization is another way coaches try to take control away from the start players. No, I am not going to go on another rant, but just point out how blessed are those who have a do-all RB and a coach who lets him play.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:18 am

I don't know. I think the reason "13 straight running backs are taken" is BECAUSE of situations like C-Mart/Jordan & Betts/Canidate. There are only a few stud running backs that get the ball exclusively now. There is going to be a HUGE premium put on those backs from now on, as long as this B.S. running back by committee thing goes on.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:47 am

tomkatt wrote:I don't know. I think the reason "13 straight running backs are taken" is BECAUSE of situations like C-Mart/Jordan & Betts/Canidate. There are only a few stud running backs that get the ball exclusively now. There is going to be a HUGE premium put on those backs from now on, as long as this B.S. running back by committee thing goes on.

My thoughts exactly.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk