Eli v. SD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli v. SD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eli v. SD

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:51 pm

Well, here it is, the big match-up: Eli plays against the team he snubbed in the draft. Which QB out performs the other, Drew or Eli? Which team makes a statement? Does anyone even care?

I think Drew will outperform Eli. I don't think Eli has any idea what it is going to be like, SD fan(I am sure there is one) has waited for this game since the draft. Being that it is the Sunday night game, the crowd will be even louder.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:53 pm

Eli's been putting up better numbers and his team's secondary is more impressive than SD's, so I see Eli as having the better day, though I've got the Chargers winning the game.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:53 pm

Eli won't play the game. He'll probably back out of that too.

Besides, LT has already taken a hit out on him, and Shockey is going to wake up to a bloody Eli head in his bed.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Lilly Tomlinson said the Giants run defense is overrated! :-D

I know the media breathes a lot of life into this match-up but the Chargers players still seem consumed with disparaging the Giants more than anything else. I guess if I was 0-2 and reeling after a season bloated by a weak schedule, I'd talk about anything other than the problems at hand too! :-b

This is a great match-up for Giants fans and Chargers fans alike but I doubt it will ever live up to the hype. The way I see it is that the Chargers have a lot more pressure on them than Eli and the Giants do. 0-3, diminished playoff hopes and a loss at the hands of SD's most hated will be a tough pill to swallow.

Go Giants! And stay classy San Diego.
Last edited by Amazinz on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Commish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Eli should do fine. SD's 2ndary is terrible.

Really considering starting him over Favre.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby holler03 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:03 pm

Yeah right. LT is getting 2 touchdowns this game for sure, whether if it is receiving or rushing. San Diego is winning this game hands down.

Drew Brees will out perform Eli, quote me baby. ;-D

*EDIT*- Also, the giants havn't really played great running backs yet. They played arizona but who is there running back? And also, they played the saints but got off to a big lead and forced Brooks to throw for almost 400 yards. This will be a test for their run defense and we shall see what happens.
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:38 pm

Eli will have the better game, If you have to choose go with Eli.

Good Luck ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Vanter » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:30 am

holler03 wrote:Yeah right. LT is getting 2 touchdowns this game for sure, whether if it is receiving or rushing. San Diego is winning this game hands down.

Drew Brees will out perform Eli, quote me baby. ;-D

*EDIT*- Also, the giants havn't really played great running backs yet. They played arizona but who is there running back? And also, they played the saints but got off to a big lead and forced Brooks to throw for almost 400 yards. This will be a test for their run defense and we shall see what happens.

Holler - Shouldn't you be wearing a SD paperbag this week? I hope you're not welching on the PBC from last week.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:43 am

Isn't it convenient that the Giants showed up on SD's schedule? Either way, born and raised in San Diego, there are a lot of people living here that could care less about SD sports. I remember going to Charger games as a kid (even 2 years ago) and seeing half of the stadium in the other teams colors.

There are a lot of transplants here (can you blame 'em?), so that's understandable, but it was definitely frustrating. As of Thursday, the game wasn't even sold out yet (1500 tix left or something). I'm sure some business bought the rest of the tix like always and donated them to prevent a blackout.

All I can tell you is that Eli's dismissal of being drafted to SD was a slap in the face to San Diego the city more than a slap in the face of the Chargers. People may not pay $75 for a Charger ticket, but they can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to live in America's Finest City...oh well, we didn't want him anyway.

I hope he takes a couple Leber/Edwards hits this week....welcome to San Diego. Too bad we don't have Rodney anymore....that would have been great to see...Eli would have wet his panties for sure!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:08 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Isn't it convenient that the Giants showed up on SD's schedule?

No. There is no doubt that the dramatic value of games influences the schedule. And I don't mind. This is a fun match-up for the fans. I'm sure it's probably a bigger deal for us than it is the players.

footballchick23 wrote:All I can tell you is that Eli's dismissal of being drafted to SD was a slap in the face to San Diego the city more than a slap in the face of the Chargers.

Well the way I see it, that's the type of stuff the media enjoys perpetuating. I don't believe there is any doubt that Eli's decision had to do with the Chargers organization's reputation of ineptitude and it's apparent lack of a commitment to winning. It had nothing to do with the players. What QB wouldn't want to play with Tomlinson? As far as San Diego, I have been there many times. It is far from America's finest city (sorry, East Coast bias here) but it is beautiful and I have a hard time believing it was because Eli didn't want to live in SD.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk