Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby holler03 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Vanter- nope, didnt do any PBC's last week so get your facts straight ;-D
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:21 pm

footballchick23 wrote:All I can tell you is that Eli's dismissal of being drafted to SD was a slap in the face to San Diego the city more than a slap in the face of the Chargers.

Well the way I see it, that's the type of stuff the media enjoys perpetuating. I don't believe there is any doubt that Eli's decision had to do with the Chargers organization's reputation of ineptitude and it's apparent lack of a commitment to winning. It had nothing to do with the players. What QB wouldn't want to play with Tomlinson? As far as San Diego, I have been there many times. It is far from America's finest city (sorry, East Coast bias here) but it is beautiful and I have a hard time believing it was because Eli didn't want to live in SD.[/quote]

I agree that it was more about the organization than anything else...hey, any Charger fan knows that we suck and are totally inconsistent...that's SD sports for ya! I don't think people get how SD residents view the pro sports teams here...it's like everyone thinks they're nice to have around, but if they left, only a small fraction of the city would really care. It sucks, because I'ma huge baseball and football fan and I feel like the teams never have the full support of the city like you see in places like Minnesota, Pittsburgh, etc.

Either way, it's just unprofessional and irresponsible to openly announce that you will not play for a certain team. If it had happened to any other city....the response would have been the same. I'm definitely looking forward to the game and I hope Qualcomm is filled with boos when Eli takes the field, but the emphasis here has been to focus on just winning a damn game already!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby holler03 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:28 pm

I'll be at the game Sunday Night ;-D

First national TV game for the chargers in a LONG time. It's gonna be great, hopefully they get on the right track this sunday and the crowd is going to be rockin'. Should be a great game, I don't think the players care that much about Eli, but I hope Edwards and the crew get a good few licks ;-)
holler03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby OUT2WIN » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:56 pm

I think that San Diego's defense will have to prepare to stop that Giants rush attack. If they let Eli Manning distract them from shutting down Barber and Jacobs that could be a mistake. Make Eli beat you, he may gets off some down field tosses, but he coudl also throw quite a few picks.

Drew Brees may have a higher QB rating than Eli in this game, but if he outperforms Eli fantasy football wise, I think their is a good chance that San Diego loses this game.

San Diego's stategy going into this game should be to A) stop the run B) Establilsh the run C) play consistent special teams, that's the recipe for success against the Giants, IMO.
"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman
OUT2WIN
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:19 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Either way, it's just unprofessional and irresponsible to openly announce that you will not play for a certain team. If it had happened to any other city....the response would have been the same.

Just one minor correction. Eli wasn't the one that made his intentions public, the Chargers organization did. While it still may have been a slap in the face kind of thing for the organization, the Manning's did try to use a little tact.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:49 pm

holler03 wrote:Vanter- nope, didnt do any PBC's last week so get your facts straight ;-D

Looks like Vanter is right:
Here is the link
And here is the post:
holler03 wrote:Chargers ;-D

I can gaurantee you LT will get at least 2 scores, whether if its receiving or rushing. I still cant believe how they left their gameplan which was LT.

With just the threat of Gates back is huge, especially in the red zone.

27-20 Chargers ;-D

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:58 pm

Great Rivalries of All Time:
Lakers - Celtics
Red Sox - Yankees
Giants - Chargers?

If it weren't for Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey in this game, I wouldn't care a bit. A battle of the mediocres. San Diego's Navy brats against New York's second-rate football fans.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:13 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:If it weren't for Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey in this game, I wouldn't care a bit. A battle of the mediocres. San Diego's Navy brats against New York's second-rate football fans.

Wow. If you're so disinterested what was it about this thread that inspired you to insult us? :-?
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:54 pm

maddog60 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Either way, it's just unprofessional and irresponsible to openly announce that you will not play for a certain team. If it had happened to any other city....the response would have been the same.

Just one minor correction. Eli wasn't the one that made his intentions public, the Chargers organization did. While it still may have been a slap in the face kind of thing for the organization, the Manning's did try to use a little tact.

How could it be kept quiet though? The Chargers would have looked like tools if they didn't pick him...everyone knew they needed a QB. Plus, A.J. Smith isn't going to let some kid tell him how to draft. Oh well...it's history. The NFL is a business...just hope his reception in the town he dissed turns out better for him than it did for Elway!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Eli's coming out party

Postby Josh Atwood » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:59 pm

Look for eli to throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. It seems like his timing has been off the last couple of games. If he's got any manning blood in him he'll find a way to remedy his timming.This will be a good challenge, and if he steps up look out.
Boxerriely
Josh Atwood
Monday Morning Quarterback

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk