Willie Parker v. New England Defense.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Parker v. New England Defense..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 pm

I dont think so, He will find a way to get some yards.

Supposedly New England is going to stack up parker and force roth to throw, i think this will work, until the 2nd half and 4th quarter comes around, then parker wil pick up enough yards
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I dont think so, He will find a way to get some yards.

Supposedly New England is going to stack up parker and force roth to throw, i think this will work, until the 2nd half and 4th quarter comes around, then parker wil pick up enough yards

Well that would make sense considering they don't have enough DB's to play a normal defense let alone trying to stack against the pass.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:55 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:

Well that would make sense considering they don't have enough DB's to play a normal defense let alone trying to stack against the pass.

LOL! Sure they do! They have Troy Brown, Deion Branch and Corey Dillon! ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:18 am

Heavyg25 wrote:

If you're stacking the run (which is gonna be more effective IMO if you're tryin' to contain FWP), then you're only gonna have 4 DBs (2 Corners, 2 Safeties) If your secondary is banged up, you can either:

1.) Play untested or out-of position guys to fill in your Nickel+ Packages.

2.) Stack the Box, Blitz like Crazy,and put your Corners on "Islands" and hope for the best.

Considering it's Belicheck, I'd expect both. (and some bizarro crap I haven't considered.)

FWP lights up the Pats and I'll be a believer.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:59 pm

I think if Lamont Jordan can post 70 yards and 3.9 ypc that FW can put 90-110 and a TD against them. They may stack the box against FW but the Burgs line will dominate and I mean DOMINATE the line of scrimmage.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:14 pm

New Englands run defense is not as good as everyone thinks it is. They have lost Bruschi and Johnson in the middle and i think this really hurts them. They are not a weak run D by any means because belichek has found ways to hide the fact they have a weak middle but they can defintely be run on. Especially when you have the best oline in the league and a shifty big play back.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:12 pm

The nice thing about Fast Willie is you know he can take it to the house at any time.

I expect New England to shut him down at first, then when they are behind Willie breaks a long one.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:42 pm

I dunno what to expect from Willie, but I do expect one heck of a hard played game. The Pats are looking mortal for the first time in a couple years. Wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to come out as fired up as if it were a playoff game. Should be a good one.

Heck, I would miss Aww's funeral for this one too.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:52 pm

moochman wrote:I dunno what to expect from Willie, but I do expect one heck of a hard played game. The Pats are looking mortal for the first time in a couple years. Wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to come out as fired up as if it were a playoff game. Should be a good one.

Heck, I would miss Aww's funeral for this one too.

Sorry to hy-jack this thread but I have to do it!

Mooch the only funeral your going to is yours, im going to beat your ass. Tomorow in "King of the Jungle League"

PS whats the deal with the Clayton for McNabb trade you pulled off with CornBread Maxwell. Did you bend over for him or what?

I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Willie Parker v. New England Defense..

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:35 pm

holler03 wrote:Will the unstoppable Parker get shut down at home by belicheck's team? O:-)

Yes.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk