Cincy locals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cincy locals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ateam » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:48 pm

Chicago's Defense is going to dump a big cooler of ice on them Bengals.

I'm looking forward to a great mathcup of strength vs. strength.

I'm thinking the home crowd will like what they see.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:54 pm

Both the Bears D and the Bengals O are facing their first real test this week.

I'm not really sure how it will play out, but this would be on my list of games to watch this week even if I wasn't a Bears fan.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby benjapage » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:49 pm

this town is en fuego. haven't seen anything like it since 1990! hopefully, the bengals keep it together next weekend vs. houston. we might reach critical mass.

every bar is full. every porch is packed. it's the way football season should be.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chidoy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:16 am

Da Nati is goin NUTZ! You guys gotta give us that. We haven't had a winner since 90'!!!

Now we got an awesome team ! The atmosphere is all Bengals.
So much for stoppin 85 Mike Brown. I went up to Chi-town to watch it with my buddy who lives up there. Great rubbing it in on him..... ;-D
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:23 am

chidoy wrote:Da Nati is goin NUTZ! You guys gotta give us that. We haven't had a winner since 90'!!!

Now we got an awesome team ! The atmosphere is all Bengals.
So much for stoppin 85 Mike Brown. I went up to Chi-town to watch it with my buddy who lives up there. Great rubbing it in on him..... ;-D

From a Steeler's fan viewpoint it's nice to see - nice to have a competitve division!!! Good on ya.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:19 am

Um, not sure where you got the info about hangin palmer??? No one I knew felt that way...

Everyone I know has seen palmer as a very good QB. We had high hopes last year and it's paying off now.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:23 pm

phunkadelic wrote:Only the dumb ones last year at this time were down on Carson. The rest of us knew he'd be extremely good someday. Actually, in week 1 of last year, he looked amazing. He didn't put up great numbers, but he played with such confidence and poise that all the talk that week was extremely positive. He just had a few bad games after that.

The biggest problem was we had probably about 8 or 9 guys on IR by this point last season. I believe it was week 2 or 3 when our highly-hyped MLB, Nate Webster, went down for the count (He's still out by the way, PUP I believe). Most people were down because of the injuries. We knew we'd have a possible play-off team (just barely though) if we didn't have all the injuries. But we always knew that we couldn't win with what we had left.

This year is pretty electric, but there is surprisingly a ton of detracters yet. "It was just the Browns..... Minnesota handed us the win..." are things you hear more than you'd think.

But in a few weeks, this city will be going nuts, I'm sure.

Pretty much my thoughts. The city has been through some tough years, but it all started getting better with the hiring of Marvin Lewis. What's funny, is that many people around here went to "claim" to be fans of other teams. I've stuck through all of this crap through thick and thin. Now all of the sudden, you see a lot more Bengal fans. This city gets very hyped when the Bengals win. I'm loving it, though I have to keep from getting annoyed by those who all of the sudden jump on the bandwagon now that they are a legit team.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby benjapage » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:32 pm

duke, i saw a stat somewhere that had average bengals attendance at 57k+ over the last 15 years. for a team as bad as the bengals, that's a pretty incredible commentary on the loyalty of cincinnati fans.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:29 pm

benjapage wrote:duke, i saw a stat somewhere that had average bengals attendance at 57k+ over the last 15 years. for a team as bad as the bengals, that's a pretty incredible commentary on the loyalty of cincinnati fans.

b

Remember, that's paid attendance... not actual attendance. I've been to at least a couple of games a few years back where I'd bet the stadium was barely half full.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benjapage » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:48 pm

phunkadelic wrote:
benjapage wrote:duke, i saw a stat somewhere that had average bengals attendance at 57k+ over the last 15 years. for a team as bad as the bengals, that's a pretty incredible commentary on the loyalty of cincinnati fans.

b

Remember, that's paid attendance... not actual attendance. I've been to at least a couple of games a few years back where I'd bet the stadium was barely half full.

ooh, faced. yeah, you're right. but STILL! the fans were paying for it (who could watch it...seriously!?) and i know i would listen to the games so i could hear lapham cry. somehow, his crying always made me feel better about how badly things were going.

!+)

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk