College RBs.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

College RBs..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:43 pm

Laurence Maroney just destroyed Purdue's so called #1 defense. He is a beast and if he went to a big name school he would be a shoe-in for the Heisman! He is just amazing! He had 217 yards. Watch him closely!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:00 pm

Seriously, people need to get off the whole "Purdue's number 1 defense" garbage. It's two games into the season and they played Akron and Arizona. Vandy could've gone out there playing those teams and been ranked 1st in total yards allowed.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Seriously, people need to get off the whole "Purdue's number 1 defense" garbage. It's two games into the season and they played Akron and Arizona. Vandy could've gone out there playing those teams and been ranked 1st in total yards allowed.

You drink a quart of coffee? Because you sure are bitter...

Purdue only allowed 16 yards a game. They have a VERY good defense. It's potentially the best in the Big Ten. That includes the Bucks, Wolves, and Hawks. Laurence Maroney didn't just have a good game. He consistantly ran all over them. Maroney definitely should be considered a back for the future.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:42 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Seriously, people need to get off the whole "Purdue's number 1 defense" garbage. It's two games into the season and they played Akron and Arizona. Vandy could've gone out there playing those teams and been ranked 1st in total yards allowed.

You drink a quart of coffee? Because you sure are bitter...

Purdue only allowed 16 yards a game. They have a VERY good defense. It's potentially the best in the Big Ten. That includes the Bucks, Wolves, and Hawks. Laurence Maroney didn't just have a good game. He consistantly ran all over them. Maroney definitely should be considered a back for the future.

I didn't say anything about Maroney, all I said is that this "Purdue has the #1 defense" is total baloney. Bitter? Sure, I've heard it about 400 times today, and it's total garbage.

Think of it like this. Let's say in the NFL the Titans schedule was flipped, and they played Baltimore week 1 and Pittsburgh week 2. Now, to equate that situation to this one, Tennessee shut down Baltimore, Lewis went for 9 yards on 10 carries. So now when Parker comes in for 160 week 2, wouldn't it annoy you if you heard 400 times that "Willie Parker just put up 161 rush yards against the #1 run D in the NFL. I mean the Titans are so good they allow an average of 9 yards rushing per game!!!!"?

This is not to mention that the Akron Zips make the Baltimore Ravens offense look like the '99 Rams.

Purdue may very well have a good defense. But they're nowhere near the #1 defense in the nation just because they played Akron week 1.

And just for the stat books, both Akron and Arizona scored more points against Purdue than they did against teams like Northern Arizona and Middle Tennessee.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:09 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:Maroney, Peterson, Bush are my top 3. Calhoun from Wisconsin is worth a look as well.

He is one of the more complete College RBs I have every seen at WI and I didn't miss a single game between 1994 and 2002 (Moss, Fletcher, Dayne, Bennett, Davis, etc). I live in NJ now, but still watch all the games.

Calhoun catches passes well, has great burst to the outside and is willing to run people over. Besides all that, I don't think that WI O-line is as good as it has been in the past. Much more of a Pro-style RB than Dayne or Bennett ever was.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:14 am

Purdue doesn't even have the best defense in the Big 10. "Purdue's #1 Defense", that's funny. :-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:31 am

Peterson and Maroney.......Bush is also worth a look. ;-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SDChargerFan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:53 am

I dont know much about the other guys but I have been watching USC and Reggie Bush is a Stud. I had a chance to watch Reggie run track for Helix High here in SD and that guy has some amazing speed.
SDChargerFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:12 am

I just watched Bush reincarnate Barry Sanders today.

My Ducks didn't have a chance.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:39 am

Peterson will be the best pro back, he's got it all. I really thing Maroney could be better in the pros than Bush. I'll probaly take alot of heat for that, but the way Reggie Bush runs, he runs around people, dancing, and juking, doing alot of things you just can't do in the pros consistantly. The best senior RB in the nation is DeAngelo Williams.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk