College RBs.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

College RBs..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:13 am

I'll throw in Darius Walker from Notre Dame who has top 100 yards 4 times already this year and has good hands out of the backfield.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:17 am

He isn't even the premiere back at USC, but Lendale White is an amazing running back too. I honestly think that he could have a better NFL career than Bush.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby daullaz » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 am

I agree with the previous posts. Obviously Peterson and Bush will be studs, but Maroney is on their level right now I think, even though the other two have a higher potential for greatness. Williams and White should also be solid backs in the NFL. One guy that's not getting a lot of attention right now that you should keep an eye on is Tyrell Sutton of Northwestern. The 18-year-old has over 500 yards and 8 TDs through his first four games, and that includes contests with against Penn St and at Arizona St (currently ranked 18th). Give him some time and he could be special.

Another guy that deserves mention is Wisconsin's Brian Calhoun. He transferred from Colorado, and in the first game of the year ran for 258 yards and 5 TDs. He had 155 yards and a TD against Michigan this Saturday to give Wisconsin a 4-0 record. He also had 7 receptions in the game for 59 yards. Both these guys might be a little small for the NFL, but they could also be great.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:16 pm

I like the mentions of Calhoun. I was very impressed with what I saw of him against Michigan this week.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby sappisgod » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:15 pm

There's a lot of very talented guys past the big 4 of Peterson, Williams, Bush, and Maroney. If you get one of them, you're in good position. But there's still studs outside of them. Gerald Riggs Jr will be good. LenDale White is extremely underrated or at least overshadowed, he never gets talked about. Leon Washington looks good. Wali Lundy looks good. I think Mike Bell could turn into one of those late-day1 backs that becomes a very solid starter. MarShawn Lynch is going to be better than JJ Arrington IMO. And lastly, the already mentioned Darius Walker and Mike Hart should both be future studs.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby littletank » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:21 pm

I think you are forgetting about a guy that was leading rushers prior to this past weekend.

Thomas Clayton is a guy that will have a very good year.
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jonny Moxon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:03 am

marshawn lynch of cal is also a stud. he's only a true sophmore, but put up BIG numbers spelling arrington last season.
Jonny Moxon Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:16 am

I think Maroney will be much better thanBush in the Pro's, maybe I am wronge, but I see Maroney as a top 10 pick this year..
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:30 am

Right now, I would be looking at the following:

Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Laurence Maroney
DeAngelo Williams
Brian Calhoun
Leon Washington

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:38 pm

sappisgod wrote:There's a lot of very talented guys past the big 4 of Peterson, Williams, Bush, and Maroney. If you get one of them, you're in good position. But there's still studs outside of them. Gerald Riggs Jr will be good. LenDale White is extremely underrated or at least overshadowed, he never gets talked about. Leon Washington looks good. Wali Lundy looks good. I think Mike Bell could turn into one of those late-day1 backs that becomes a very solid starter. MarShawn Lynch is going to be better than JJ Arrington IMO. And lastly, the already mentioned Darius Walker and Mike Hart should both be future studs.

THis is a great post ;-D. IMO, this is how the RBs in college fare for the future:

1. Adrian Peterson: easily the best pure runner in college, and proved himslef as a freshman last year despite being the focal point of the offense. His ceiling has no limit, but he must be able to shake the numerous small injuries that seem to plague his game from time to time. Unfortunately, we will have to wait a couple drafts to see him in NFL action.

2. Lawrence Maroney: I do not remember too many good Minnestoa backs, but when Marion Barber III left, I knew this guy was gonna take the nation by storm. He is a top 15 pick if he declares this year, and has great overall quickness, burst, power, and balance. Watching him reminds me in part of Edgerrin at Miami.

3. Reggie Bush: the most versatile RB in ages. His moves are absolutely ridiculous, and he has more home-run ability than anyone in college IMO. The reason I put him here is because I think he projects as more of a WR in the NFL. His talent is out of this world, and when he runs he is as good as anyone, but he hasn't had the experience at running the ball like some of the other backs. No matter what he plays, he has the best combination of running and pass-catching ability in this years draft.

4. DeAngelo Williams: he carries his team on his back, and beats the defender single-handedly. A great pure runner with shifty moves and good balance. To be honest, I don't know how he projects at the pro level, but he a monster in college, and will surely go in the top 10 this year so long as there is need at RB.

5. LenDale White: some might knock this pick, but this is the USC back who shoulders the tough carries. There is no wonder why him and Bush share the load at USC, and he easily becomes a steal outside the first round for the team that selects him. Haven't seen much of his pass catching ability, but he is a bruiser with good vision and a quick initial burst. As consistent as they come, and a good fit for a pounding offense like the Steelers.

6. Gerald Riggs Jr.: This guy is a great back who punishes defenders. He rarely ever goes down on the first his, and has the breakaway speed for a man his size. Tennessee has produced some very good NFL backs, and he is next in line to carry on the tradition.

7. Dontrell Moore: New Mexico has a hidden gem, and this be the man. Not the biggest of backs, but projects to be a good bargain in the later rounds. Always consistent, and has shown he can handle a big load if given the opportunity. Has been a starter since his freshman year, and does not easily take himself out of games due to injury. He will be a guy who surprises many IMO.

8. Brian Calhoun: Let's put it this way - if I had seen more of this guy before he transferred from Colorado, I may be able to give a better analysis. When I saw him in week 1 of this season, I literally fell out of my chair. He is a smaller back at under 200 lbs, but he runs like hes 220. He's no Ron Dayne (so dont worry there), but his size is perhaps an area for concern. Until he shows sign of wear though, he will be an elite college back, and has very high potential. He is very young (only 21), so he still has some learning and growing to do, which makes his upside ever-so scary.

9. MarShawn Lynch: I dont really know what to make of this guy, but I know talent when I see it. He will go later in the draft, but could eventually be a featured back if given the opportunity. A good runner with some good skills, but I haven't seen enough of him to place him higher.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk