owens no Touchdown dances anymore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

owens no Touchdown dances anymore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:50 pm

Whatever. It's 6 for my team when he scores. That's all I care about.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:33 am

First Point: TO is, IMO, overrated. I really don't see what makes him better than Harrison, or Holt, or CJ, etc., etc., etc., (It helps to have ALWAYS played with a solid QB (Garcia before the wheels fell off, McNasty, etc.) In the NFL right now at WR there's Randy Moss (his physical talent is just SICK) and then everyone else.

Second Point: You gotta dance Terrell. It's what sets you apart. (The thing with the Star in Dallas was wrong, but it was cool. ('specially when D. Woodson came runnin' out to knock his block off) The Sharpie was a little conceited but fun (and it was copied kinda by Horn with the phone). The Pom-Pom bit was just classic.

He'll dance again. He's too big an egomaniac not to.

Man I miss the days where Payton or Sanders or Rice or Jimmy B would score and just hand the ball to the Ref. Classy. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby aussieboy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:12 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:First Point: TO is, IMO, overrated. I really don't see what makes him better than Harrison, or Holt, or CJ, etc., etc., etc., (It helps to have ALWAYS played with a solid QB (Garcia before the wheels fell off, McNasty, etc.) In the NFL right now at WR there's Randy Moss (his physical talent is just SICK) and then everyone else.

Second Point: You gotta dance Terrell. It's what sets you apart. (The thing with the Star in Dallas was wrong, but it was cool. ('specially when D. Woodson came runnin' out to knock his block off) The Sharpie was a little conceited but fun (and it was copied kinda by Horn with the phone). The Pom-Pom bit was just classic.

He'll dance again. He's too big an egomaniac not to.

Man I miss the days where Payton or Sanders or Rice or Jimmy B would score and just hand the ball to the Ref. Classy. ;-D

Why is TO overrated?

He's a damn good WR. You're saying he's only put up good numbers because he's had good QBs. Well Harrison doesn't have too bad a QB throwing to him either, Holt is fortunate to be in an offense that throws a lot and Chad Johnson has got a solid QB throwing to him as well. Most WR that put up up great numbers have a QB that's good enough to get them the ball.

I agree with you that Moss is in his own tier, but you cannot say TO is overrated.

How can you say that TO didn't make Garcia better? Garcia turned to s**t once TO left. Last yr with TO, Mcnabb threw a career high number of TD , career high yardage and career high QB rating. All coincided with TO's arrival. Yet you're saying the QBs are the ones making TO look good? You might have it the wrong way around my friend. TO is NOT overrated, he's one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, just because you may not like him doesnt mean you should try and belittle what he's done in his career.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:51 am

Azrael wrote:Whatever. It's 6 for my team when he scores. That's all I care about.

I'll second that

But IMO I could care less whether he does or doesn't. He's still an exciting player to watch play. I did enjoy always looking forward to hhis next celebration though. no bigggie though.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:46 am

TO is overrated? I think not. Actually go back and look at he and moss' stats for the past three years, they are almost identical. Personally, I think Moss is better, but I think the criticsms that he cuts of routes and can't block are valid.

If I was starting a team right now, I'd take him or CJ -- but for one year -- I'd probably take owens. The guy can play, and contrary to popular belief -- he isn't an idiot -- he does play in probably the hardest offense to play in, the West Coast Offense.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:07 am

Reincry wrote:
He still is a pretty exciting WR, without the dances.

Is he really?

I mean, all I can ever remember about him are the dances and crazy antics.

Sure, he has a few catches now and then, but so does everyone else.

He's a crybaby.

Hes one of the best YAC guys in the league, and one of the best WRs in the league. All you babies who whined about "him being disrespectful to the game" got your wish. Jeez, lighten up. Its a fricken football game. Let guys like TO, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, etc have some fun out there.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Reincry » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:47 am

LOL!

He's a crybaby. Simply put.

There are other great receivers out there that can play just as well, but don't do the razzle dazzle like TO does. Harrison is a perfect example, as is Moss.

TO is the razzle-dazzle. :~(
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Challie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:37 am

I'm guessing that the non-celebration was just a message to the Niners: you're so bad and unimportant to me that it's not a big deal. Expect celebrations against any other team.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:50 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
Reincry wrote:
He still is a pretty exciting WR, without the dances.

Is he really?

I mean, all I can ever remember about him are the dances and crazy antics.

Sure, he has a few catches now and then, but so does everyone else.

He's a crybaby.

Hes one of the best YAC guys in the league, and one of the best WRs in the league. All you babies who whined about "him being disrespectful to the game" got your wish. Jeez, lighten up. Its a fricken football game. Let guys like TO, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, etc have some fun out there.

thank u its football is supposed to be fun u guys have to make it out to be all serious and what not and i dont see anything wrong with having fun
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:59 am

Moss's simulated butt-wiping and leaving the field early is a perfect example to support your point?

It's time to admit you're wrong, and leave it alone, dude.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk