owens no Touchdown dances anymore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

owens no Touchdown dances anymore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:03 am

considering how owens is a basically a model citizen off the field, I find this argument boring and circular.

yea owens is a jerk. but again, he doesn't beat hgis wife, smoke pot, get into fights etc. moss squirted a ref, no? he admitted smoking weed, etc.

there are different ways to shame the game.

anbd lets be real here, moss and owens are the two best receivers in the game, then harrison. i like harrison the bst however, but you can't let your dislike obscure the objective facts. cj is a contender, but he hasn't been doing it as long. holt is good, but not nearly as physical.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:22 am

aussieboy wrote:Why is TO overrated?

He's not. He's overhated. Riencry and Kilroy are blinded by their hatred of one of the best WRs in the game.

The post TD antics are just icing to the game that TO brings to the field. And that is what matters with TO, the game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:24 am

You know, when it comes down to it, I'd rather TO stop his endzone dances (it can't get better than doing Ray Lewis's dance right in front of Ray Lewis) than McNabb stop his ocassional and usually goofy looking dances.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Reincry » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:34 am

He's not. He's overhated. Riencry and Kilroy are blinded by their hatred of one of the best WRs in the game.

Show me where I said I hate him? I don't hate him. The topic was him not doing end zone dances, and to me it's career suicide.

Get over it sensitive Owens owners! Sheesh! He wines, he dances, he plays football. That's all I said.
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:58 am

Grasping at straws, Reincry.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:01 pm

Reincry wrote:

Show me where I said I hate him? I don't hate him. The topic was him not doing end zone dances, and to me it's career suicide.

Get over it sensitive Owens owners! Sheesh! He wines, he dances, he plays football. That's all I said.

The words you wrote don't match the backtracking you're trying to do. It's okay. There are a lot of people who don't like athletes who speak thier mind. Go ahead and whine about him whine, if it makes you feel better, but you can't deny his skill.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby fantasizing » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:42 pm

this is so funny. All you TO haters out there will come up with this fluff about him. Only Moss is better, and not by much.

Look at the stats that TO and Moss have put up in the last 4 years. They are almost identical!!!

Moss and TO: the elite level of WR in the league. Hands down. THEY make any QB look great. THe proof has been there for the last 7 or 8 seasons.

There is no debate aobut this. Just alot of TO haters out there who are blinded by their hatred.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm not even going to bother reading some of this drivel. If you think TO is overrated, you are wrong. Plain and simple.

Moss
TO

CJ
Holt
Harrison

everyone else.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:00 pm

For as big of a pain in the butt as he is, he certainly deserves some respect for his willingness to go over the middle, take a crushing hit, and still hang onto the football.

Likewise, at least he's not one of those guys beating his wife and whatnot. I'm certainly not a fan of his, I don't even like the guy, but it's still kind of bass ackwards that he is generally regarded as a worse human being than a guy like Randy Mcmichael, who just can't stop hitting his wife...

Overrated? Hah, I needed a good laugh today.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:51 pm

Maybe CJ could teach him that little Scottish jig he did today, lol!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk