Boldin or Fitz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boldin or Fitz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boldin or Fitz

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:48 pm

Who is the better receiver in Zona? I am not trying to start a debate thats why I am posting it in here. I drafted Boldin before Fitz and was wondering if he was better. I know his debut was amazing and last weeks performance makes me think he is back to full form.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:50 pm

Fitzgerald is almost certainly more talented, and he's also the featured WR in that offense. Boldin will be a very good #2 target compared to other #2's in fantasy production, but Fitzgerald will produce better overall, and it will show by season's end.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Even though Boldin had 1377 receiving yards his rookie year? Don't get me wrong I know Fitz is good maybe even great since he came out his sophmore year. I just feel people over look Boldin because of Fitz and I am shocked....maybe you're right maddog and I hope you're wrong since he is on my FF team.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:03 pm

Fitz is the number 1 option in Arizona. Denny Green has made that clear. He has said numerous times that he wants to get the ball to Fitz as many times as possible. Fitz is Dennys protege. I think that Boldin and Fitzs production will be fairly close but Fitz will emerge as the best fantasy option in Arizona and one of the top fantasy options in the league by the end of the season.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:05 pm

doh!!! closes ears
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bugg » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:10 pm

it appears that in the long run, boldin may end up with more catches, more yards, but fitz will definitely end up with more TD's before it is all said and done...Like said above Green has made it known already, and fitz is a better target in the red zone
bugg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:26 pm

houstonoilers wrote:Even though Boldin had 1377 receiving yards his rookie year? Don't get me wrong I know Fitz is good maybe even great since he came out his sophmore year. I just feel people over look Boldin because of Fitz and I am shocked....maybe you're right maddog and I hope you're wrong since he is on my FF team.

Boldin was a great surprise his rookie year. He wasn't even the first WR Arizona drafted that year though. On sheer talent Fitz is likely leagues above him, given that he was considered the top WR out of a crop that was considered one of the best ever.

Boldin will get his due, but Dennis Green took Fitzgerald to be his #1 target. You don't ignore the lack of a QB, RB, OL, and well everything but WR with the 2nd overall pick for a #2 WR. However, if Dennis Green can work magic like he did for the Vikings, there will be plenty of passes to go around for Fitz and Boldin.

Something else to consider. Look at one of the links in a "How many looks do WRs get?" thread. Fitzgerald had I believe 17 catches in 21 looks. The top targets so far have 26 looks, and none had a higher percentage of catches. So Fitz is producing.

It was a common misconception this year's fantasy draft that Boldin was going to be the #1. In fact no one knew, but we all had our theories. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warpigs » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:46 pm

Not to be rude, but there was a post about this about a week ago. You may want to check the search feature here at the cafe. There was a lot of good feedback on that thread.

WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:47 pm

Its all good...I appreciate the insight.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:52 pm

Fitz will be the better producer when all is said and done at the end of the year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk